a question about 30 day shred.

denisec26
denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
so ive had this dvd sitting around for a while and i dont really do it..i do the banish fat one alot.

ive tried to do the 30 day shred but im lucky if i get through the first workout. its alot of upper body and strength and i have NO upper body strength and to me, it seems like i should gradually build my strength, not kill myself and barely get through a 20 min workout.

anyway, heres my question... for the people that use it, and see results.. are u seeing results because u do all 3 workouts everyday or are u seeing results just by doing the 1st one?

id go back to doing it if i knew id get some results just from doing the 1st workout while i build myself up to do the 2nd and the 3rd.

its really hard for me to loose weight in pounds since im down to my last 13..if im lucky i loose a pound a month..so id like to try and loose in inches!

Replies

• creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    I did it for a couple of weeks. I was the same way, not a lot of upper body strength. I did it at my own pace the first few days and before I knew it, I was able to get through the whole first part without a problem. I then moved to the second stage, not doing the first. I did well and could definitely see the difference. I had rented it from the library and wasn't able to renew it again. I am going to buy it and do it again because I was started to see changes in definition, muscle tone, etc. Good luck!
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    you only do one level at a time. level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and the same for 3. its ment to increase your strength. Not many people can make it through the first workout the first day or even the first couple days
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    QUESTION 2- what do u log it under on mfp? so u know how many calories u might have burned?
  • I saw results with workout 1, but I did it diligently for 5 days in a row and it was great. At first it was a struggle to get through, I also lack upper strength, but I did the push-ups on my knees and worked into it. You are NOT supposed to do all 3 in one day! Once you are confident with #1, move onto the next one. I mix them up now, if I'm feeling "low" such as the other day (had a cold, recovering) I'll go back to #1 and just do that, although it's easy for me now. No shame in that - just do it :-)
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 324 Member
    QUESTION 2- what do u log it under on mfp? so u know how many calories u might have burned?

When I did 30 Day Shred I logged it as 20 minutes of circuit training.
  • I agree, 20 minutes of circuit training. And i'm not surprised you couldn't get through all three workouts, one is hard enough lol x
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Umm firstly dunno how you even got thru 3 of them I tried 2 days in one day and couldn't lol :wink: It's like the others say Day 1 for 10 days and build it up :bigsmile:

If you look at my siggy below you will see a link to where I blogged a few of her workouts to see the kind of calories burned :heart: those figures are based on me being 5'7" :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Do you use weights? I don't use weights right now. Try doing it without the weights, but keep your form. I think you should still results that way. I did it 4 days last week and it killed (and sometimes) still does my quads. I'm still on level 1. But, will likely switch over to level 2 by the end of the week. Be consistant. Go at your own pace. And don't give up!!! :flowerforyou:

Oh and I also log it in as Circuit Training.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    I started the shred about 3 weeks ago and I'm seeing some good results and I only do one workout per day. For the first few weeks I did level 1 and I just started level 2. I think you should listen to your body and if you think you are ready for the next level go for it. I also only do it for 2 or 3 consecutive days and then take a day off to rest my muscles (and knees) and repeat :) I find I get better results this way. I also do 60 mins of cardio 5-6 days per week in conjunction with the shred so I don't mind skipping a day here and there. I log it as 25 mins of circuit training.
This discussion has been closed.