down 30 pounds, pics

Options
I was going to wait until I hit my halfway goal of 50 pounds before I posted pictures, but I'm at 30 and feel like I could use a little pick-me-up so I'm going to go ahead and do it now. (I have never posted pictures before so I hope I do it right!)

My husband and I started this journey October 18, 2010. I don't have a sad story about how or why I gained the weight... I guess I was just happy (gained about 100+ pounds in 8 years with my hubby), and loved to eat all the really bad-for-you-food. I still love that food, and I can still have it... in moderation. That's why I feel like this "diet" is going to work. We're not depriving ourselves one bit and that's key for staying on track. If you feel like you absolutely cannot have a hamburger, you're eventually going to fall off the wagon and go on a binge and you're worse off than when you started.

Anyway, enough gabbing... on to the pictures!

2735dates.jpg

disney.jpg

june2010toystory.jpg

I look at the before pictures and cringe... how on earth did I let myself get that big?? And I remember never feeling like I could be anything but fat... but I'm here to tell you, I will never be that fat again. There is no miracle or secret formula for losing weight.... just eat better/less, and throw in some exercise! Who knew?! (At least that is what has worked for us)

Here is a progression of pictures of hubby and I over the years.... it just amazes me how much just our faces have changed over 8 years.
wed3.png

Good luck on your journeys... you can do it! MFP is a GREAT tool! I will be using it to lose the next 70 pounds I have left!

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good job. Keep up the awesome work.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    OMG great job. Keep up the great work.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I can really see a diffrence,way to go!:flowerforyou:
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job so far!!! I can def tell the difference, especially in your arms! You are an inspiration and will make your 50 mark before you know it!!!
  • christinemorgester
    Options
    WOW!!! What a difference, great job!! Keep it up, I promise you it's worth it! :-)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    thnx for sharing! great job!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    WOW! U guys look great! I wish my hubby was walking this journey with me, although, just by changing the type of food I buy now (wheat pasta vs reg pasta) he has lost some weight, but he says he "likes his winter coat" I call it a beer belly...LOL Keep up the awesome work u two!!!!!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I love how you have the same outfits, they really make the differences obvious. I am at -23 lbs, and can only tell a big difference in my belly.

Keep up the great work -50 will be here before you know it!!!!
  • annabanana05
    Options
    wow! congratulations!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are doing it the right way. Keep up the good work and congratulations on your loss.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    wow, you can really tell in your belly! Keep up the great work!
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the great work. :)
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great pictures and you look fabulous!! Congrats on your 30 pound weight loss, very impressive. :)
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    wow what a difference! I can most tell around your face/neck and around the tummy. Good work, keep it up!! :)
  • tricks30
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL :-) Keep up the hard work!!!!!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job, you are really doing fantastic. Those B&A's are really cool because you can totally see your weight loss progression, thanks so much for sharing them, can't wait to see your next pics!
  • heatherours4
    heatherours4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    amazing!! :)
  • meg811
    meg811 Posts: 49
    Options
    WOW! U guys look great! I wish my hubby was walking this journey with me, although, just by changing the type of food I buy now (wheat pasta vs reg pasta) he has lost some weight, but he says he "likes his winter coat" I call it a beer belly...LOL Keep up the awesome work u two!!!!!

I know I am sooo lucky that my husband is willing to do this with me, a lot of women aren't so lucky. I think he was just doing it to appease me at first, but now that he's seeing his losses and how much better his clothes fit, he is truly happy he's doing it too... he just needed a little extra motivation to get started! I hope your husband sees how great you're looking and wants to join in too!
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    well done you, i hope you are very proud of yourself .x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!