New and a little overwhelmed.

Options
Hello Everyone!
I'm new to this website and I'm a little overwhelmed and feeling like I will never reach my goal! But this looks like a great place to get a little motivation!

69846.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I'm new to this website and I'm a little overwhelmed and feeling like I will never reach my goal! But this looks like a great place to get a little motivation!

69846.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You'll do fine--lots of support here, great advice, and tips.

Here's a link to a MUST-READ post to help you get started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • klarson
    klarson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time...

I have found that making 10lb goals for myself is the way to avoid being discouraged!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome! This is absolutely the best place to start. Best wishes to you.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Relax and take a deep breath. You can do this. Each day will become easier. Don't let it stress you out. If you fall off the wagon...no fear.....there is a new day waiting for you.
    Take is step by step and day by day. It is not a race. Slow and steady is the way. Stay away from the quick fix and make healthy choices and eat all you calories. Don't for get the ones you earned by working out. You need those too.

Think positive!
    make healthy choices!
    Exercise!!

Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • mariella
    mariella Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't worry.. just keep writing what you are eating and you will educate yourself slowly as to the types of food you can eat.. and what makes sense... you will have good days and bad days.. I usually take a break on weekends...the first weekends I really ate a lot... however, slowly I began to get used to eat well.... I always have my rewards...at least twice a week... I have a piece of pie or a chocolate chip cookie.. I just have to eat lighter in order to sacrifice those calories...
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I was right where you are back in February. This is the best place ever for motivation and support. You will learn a lot about food, health, exercise, and daily living from everyone here. I've lost 20 lbs and am training for a 5K run, thanks to this site. I couldn't have done it without MFP. I still have a long way to go and some days are better than others, but take each day as it comes. You can do it, and we are all here to help you!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Don't feel overwhelmed, just jump right in.
    Get through one day at a time, and pretty soon it'll be second nature to you.:flowerforyou:
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    welcome!!

Good thing to keep in mind if you're feeling overwhelmed is to set small goals that work into your big ones. Think along the lines of daily, weekly, monthly. For example:

Daily: Today I will eat healthy meals and exercise for 30 minutes.

Weekly: I will exercise three times this week and will look up four new healthy recipes to try.

and so on...

If you find that even Daily goals seem to big sometimes, do moment-to-moment goals. We have a "chocolate basket" in the office I work in. Its loaded with mini candy bars and reese cups and almond kisses, I do an hour to hour goal when I'm here. I say to myself.."Ok its 2pm and I want a candybar so bad...I'll wait an hour and go from there." At 3 I say that to myself again. I just keep it going until my day is over. And if you feel too tempted, some of the sugar free candies can be really good substitutes!
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you so much! I think I am going to love this site!