MFP Cardio Calories Burned - Are they specific to me?

Options
I assumed that MFP worked this way, but I'm looking for confirmation: Does MFP take into account all of my personal statistics when it estimates how many calories I've burned doing a particular cardio activity? Would 2 different people get two different calculations? (I have purchased a heart rate monitor watch - EKG reading kind - that I should be getting in ~1 week, so that will help with accuracy.) I just wanted to make sure the MFP figures I had been using weren't really off and wanted to see if my assumption was correct. Thanks!

Replies

• healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is specific to you. My friend and I tested this. We entered the same workout and times, and she burned less than I did since she is smaller than I am.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    The MFP calories are specific to you, however, I don't believe they are super accurate. The equations only take into consideration your height, weight, age and activity levels. There is a large margin of error in that. It doesn't take into consideration your muscle mass and your fat ratio it also doesn't take into account your hydration level or your heart rate. I've found this when comparing MFP to my heart rate monitor. I think this is a good ballpark idea of how many calories but to be really specific I would rely more on heart rate monitor or a bodybugg.