Anyone else doing Atkins?

imarlett
imarlett Posts: 228 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hello=

I am (re) starting Atkins today. I was wondering if anyone on MFP is doing Atkins as well? If so, would you like to buddy up?

I also start my new job today. I hope this job goes perm! Wish me luck!

Replies

• I have to eat carbs or I turn psycho. LOL. :grumble:
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    I am doing something like it. No sugar and very limited carbs. Ill buddy up!
  • no... diets like that dont usually work for work.. but i wish you all the best
  • imarlett
    Atkins is not totally eliminating carbs its eliminating sugars and refined flour. You get carbs from veggies and fruit. I understand then that you are not doing it. Thank you for posting that you are NOT doing Atkins. I am looking for those that ARE doing Atkins. I apologize if my post was not clear enough.

Have a nice day.
    :wink:
  • imarlett
    Thank you!
  • imarlett
    Then dont reply to the post that you are NOT doing Atkins or something similar. I am only looking for those that are changing their eating habits to avoid sugars and refined carbs.

Thank you!
  • johaleesi
    johaleesi Posts: 55 Member
    Hi Ilene. I'm doing Atkins. Have been for 3 weeks now and have lost almost 20 lbs. I know a few people here are also doing Atkins. Welcome aboard.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Yes, I am doing something similar to it, more of a balance between my carbs and protein and only healthy protein---I am on an amazing program.!
  • bree231977
    bree231977 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm an Atkins girl too, and here's a tip for using MFP. Remember net carbs = carbs - fiber - sugar alcohol. There is no entry on MFP for sugar alcohols. For Atkins brand products on the database, look up for example "Atkins Day Break apple net", and you'll find where users have listed them with net carbs. Hope this helps!
  • Yes, I am doing something similar to it, more of a balance between my carbs and protein and only healthy protein---I am on an amazing program.!

ooo pls tell me more?

And yes im doing atkins too, so far iv lost 11lbs in 3 weeks :)
  • dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    I am doing Atkins. I am in the OWL phase right now. I lost 75 pounds in the last year pretty much in OWL. I get cranky if I stay on Induction for too long. It's nice to have nuts, legumes, and fruit :)

Add me if you want.
  • sweetfeet320
    sweetfeet320 Posts: 34 Member
    I have just started Atkins today, and I would love to join your group. I downloaded MFP last summer, but I just started using it a week ago. Feel free to add me
  • Hi! I've been doing Atkins since September 1, 2010, and I love it!

Good luck at your new job! :)
This discussion has been closed.