I need a weeks worth of meal ideas

2»

Replies

• ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    or you can drain and rinse a higher fat content beef for the same calories! It's cheaper that way.
    :huh: OK so I just read this and was like what?? lol I am sure I am not the only one who has never heard of this. Apparently you can do this but it will reduce the flavor of the meat, and might cause clogged drains. I guess if its going in a casserole or something the reduction in flavor doesnt matter. I am going to still try to find the lean on sale and stock up, but this is a good tip if I cant :) Thanks for sharing. You learn something new everyday :happy:

Honestly- I haven't tried this yet! I read about it in I think Prevention magazine I think. (or some other fitness magazine when I was killing some time a borders this weekend) I was surprised that it gave you the same fat/calorie content. I was thinking it would save some dough which I always need to do. I didn't even think about it changing the flavor. I'm sure if you discard the grease somewhere else and only rinse the rest down the drain it won't clog :happy:
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    or you can drain and rinse a higher fat content beef for the same calories! It's cheaper that way.
    :huh: OK so I just read this and was like what?? lol I am sure I am not the only one who has never heard of this. Apparently you can do this but it will reduce the flavor of the meat, and might cause clogged drains. I guess if its going in a casserole or something the reduction in flavor doesnt matter. I am going to still try to find the lean on sale and stock up, but this is a good tip if I cant :) Thanks for sharing. You learn something new everyday :happy:

Honestly- I haven't tried this yet! I read about it in I think Prevention magazine I think. (or some other fitness magazine when I was killing some time a borders this weekend) I was surprised that it gave you the same fat/calorie content. I was thinking it would save some dough which I always need to do. I didn't even think about it changing the flavor. I'm sure if you discard the grease somewhere else and only rinse the rest down the drain it won't clog :happy:

I am actually going to try this tonight. I usually buy lean ground beef, but am trying to save money and the price of 4 lbs of regular ground beef was the same as 1 lb of lean. Ridiculous!!
This discussion has been closed.