Polar FT4 vs Timex T56971

Crystals422
Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have narrowed it down to the Polar FT4 or Timex T56971. I have read good and bad reviews for both. I want to hear from people who have them. I am most concered about calorie count. Thanks.

Replies

• Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    I would go with the Polar!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    I have never heard of Timex brand HRM's before! I just bought the Polar FT4 on Saturday after my other Polar HRM died after 5 good years! I paid $70 for it and it is just as good as the $150 Polar one I bought 5 years ago. It is coded and provides all the info you will ever need while burning calories. Polar is the best brand out there and any fitness expert will recommend it. That's what I would go with! I have never heard any "cons" of the FT4, what are they??
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    I have the Polar FT4. Works great for me. Measures everything I need it to (time, calories, heartrate) and it is easy to use.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    I bought the FT4 two weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier with it so far. I don't even notice the chest strap or watch once I get started exercising. It has been really nice to get more accurate calorie burn counts with my exercises (or snow shoveling) than what I was getting from the database estimates online.

Now, you can't see your calorie burn as you go (at least not that I've seen), so you have to wait until you finish exercising to see your calorie count. You do see your heart rate on the watch while you are working out, however.

There are HRMs that are fancier and do more, but for my purposes of monitoring heart rate, and guaging calorie burn, the Polar FT4 can't be beat.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    I had that exact Timex. It is very inaccurate. It showed me burning 4 calories per minute just sitting quietly (it also showed me burning almost 700 calories sitting in front of the TV for a few hours). I ended up getting a Polar F7 and it is much more accurate. go with Polar.
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    I've got the FT4 and I love it! You can see your calories or heart rate as you workout, but not both at the same time. No big deal, it's just a button push to cycle between HR, calories, where you are in the zone, and a summary screen.

I've been really happy with it, and found that it was only about 15 calories off the elliptical machine's reading when I tried that this weekend. Wish I'd had a HRM sooner!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Ok Polar it is. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.