how many sit ups, push ups, squats...?

Fineraziel
Fineraziel Posts: 140
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I read about the 200 sit ups challenge on another post (www.twohundredsitups.com) so I decided to give it a try. So I just did the initial test. And while at it, I also did the initial test for the squats and push-up challenges (I dont have a pull-up bar so couldnt do this one :( ).

Im quite surprised by the results!! O.O I was able to do 350 sit ups in a row and I only stopped because I was starting to feel dizzy (to much or not enough blood going to my head :S) but my abs were not in pain at all and could still go on! O.O

Same with the squats : I did 200 easily and could still do a lot more but decided to stop because I was starting to feel pain in my knees (I have bad knees :S).

However, on the push-up test, I could only do 31 "knee push ups". :S I guess I have bad arms...

Btw : Im 29 y-o, 155 lbs, and I started my weight loss and fitness journey only 5 months ago...

Im curious about your results. So please get up and try these challenges! :D

Replies

• Push-ups are more chest than arms, though you do use some triceps in the compound movement.
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Woo hoo! Great job girl! I'll have to give this a go tonight at the gym.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Pushups use a lot of your core muscles so are going to be pretty tough if you didn't take a good break after your situps.
    Keep doing them and you'll see a 50% improvement in a couple of weeks.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I read about the 200 sit ups challenge on another post (www.twohundredsitups.com) so I decided to give it a try. So I just did the initial test. And while at it, I also did the initial test for the squats and push-up challenges (I dont have a pull-up bar so couldnt do this one :( ).

Im quite surprised by the results!! O.O I was able to do 350 sit ups in a row and I only stopped because I was starting to feel dizzy (to much or not enough blood going to my head :S) but my abs were not in pain at all and could still go on! O.O

Same with the squats : I did 200 easily and could still do a lot more but decided to stop because I was starting to feel pain in my knees (I have bad knees :S).

However, on the push-up test, I could only do 31 "knee push ups". :S I guess I have bad arms...

Btw : Im 29 y-o, 155 lbs, and I started my weight loss and fitness journey only 5 months ago...

Im curious about your results. So please get up and try these challenges! :D

never did the challenge however regardless of bad knees when doing squats if your form isn't right you will hurt your knee so keep an eye on your form (quality over quanity)

Push ups are a B*tch!!! it's all about chest as the primary and triceps as the secondary- If you can do 31 on your knees you should see how many you can do on your toes and then go to your knees- keep doing it like that and the # on your toes will increase. Good job
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    I'm trying the hundred push ups program at http://hundredpushups.com/. There's also an app for the iphone that helps with a counter.

I calibrated to week 3 of the program, and started day 1 today. All I can say is ouch!

I can't wait to be able to say I can do 100 consecutive push ups though.
  • Thank you all for the info! :) I will do the hundred-push-up challenge me too because I definately need to improve that! ;)
This discussion has been closed.