how to tackle problem areas?

Options
can anyone, preferably women, share some exercises to tackle problem areas? I know general weight loss is the start, so I've been running 2 mi. every other day in around 25 minutes. I was thinking I should alternate cardio and strength training, and do exercises for my problem areas, which are lovehandles (on the sides) and thighs. Any ideas what exercises and how many reps I should do?

Replies

• catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend Pilates!!! You can start with some DVD's, even from the library. Ana Caban from Gaim and Jennifer Kries are both fantastic--if you haven't done it before, really pay attention to your form--the benefits of Pilates come from focused intention and deliberate attention to the part you are working. Even better would be a class with an instructor that concentrates on form and breathing (as opposed to cranking out the reps) but I realize that not everyone has the time, money and access for that (I don't!).
    Zumba also really works those areas--and it's WAY fun!!!!
    Good luck!
  • ariddlefit
    Options
    I go to kickboxing class and can really see a difference in my thighs the type of leg work we do is squats,kicks,lunges,planks,etc. love handles lots of ab work ...hope this helps.
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    great, I will look into these, thanks!