HRM!! I am in need of suggestions

Options
What kind (Brand and model) do you use? How much was it? And how satisfied are you with it?

I really want to get one that is accurate and one that needs to be still to press the button in order for my latest HR reading...

Replies

• angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bump!! I want to hear the responses as I am shopping for one as well.
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 and really like it.
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 and really like it.

Do you have to press a button to update your heart rate during your workouts?
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I did tons of research and asked members on mfp and it seems like Polar FT4 is the way to go. I am getting mine at Best Buy tonight for $89.99 plus tax. They have them a little cheaper on amazon.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 as well, about $100. Not sure I followed what you said about being still to get the last HR?
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    After tons of research I ordered the Polar FT60 yesterday. Its $184 on amazon. I'm not sure why you would want a HRM that you need to be still and press a button to update your HR.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I got a Polar FT40 and I love it! It provides me with a more accurate count of calories burned along with a summary of other info (cal %, min/max heart rate and time spent in the fat burn/fitness zones). I got mine a couple of weeks ago @ £87. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001J64RK8/ref=oss_product

The information is all stored in training log on the watch and can be transfered to computer but I have not tried this out yet.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Saw your follow up post. No, it shows it constantly. You can change the display to show that, calories burned, time of workout, target heart zone... I think I am missing one.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Polar F6 for $109.99
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT7 and really like it too. I think it is accurate. It has a couple settings and I can push a button to see average HR, Max HR, Min HR, the length at Fat Burn and Fitness level, time, calories burned, etc. It will also store about a weeks worth of data so I can see what I did the other day for the same run, dvd, class, etc. I don't remember how much they are retail but I purchased one new from eBay for about $80 which I know was a pretty good price. I've also heard good things about the F4 model. I knew I wanted a chest strap and I wanted to make sure I could replace the battery myself. From what I read you cannot do this with certain Polar models (not sure about other brands). I think Polar charges around $12 or so to change out the battery...plus shipping...plus being without your HRM while it is being changed. I know some insurance companies (like Blue Cross Blue Shield) has a deal with Polar so you get a little discount when buying directly from the Polar website...you might want to call or google the info because you have to use a special link for this.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Polar F6 is what I use and it's awesome. I would recommend any Polar products. If you choose to go with something else, be sure it has a chest strap!
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    After tons of research I ordered the Polar FT60 yesterday. Its $184 on amazon. I'm not sure why you would want a HRM that you need to be still and press a button to update your HR.

Oh no, I wanted to avoid ones like that^^ i had a cheap watch once that i couldn't get my HR while running :( because i was moving
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Anything Polar
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Anything Polar

Exactly what he said.
    I got the FT 40 for $138 on EBay and Amazon had it for $180. I would get the best one you can afford. If the $200 ones are in your price range you could go for that. I chose the Polar FT40 because it was one of the cheapest chest strap one that CAN be hooked up to there sports bra. The next cheapest was the FT60. Eventually I will get the sports bra so then I don't have to wear the chest strap as the sports bra has the same spot the clip your transmitter on it. Look at all them and compare them on the Polar website and see what you need. They have some that just have too many bells and whistles

Edit: I just went to the Polar website and now the sports bra doesn't show up. That is strange. Also make sure if you go with Polar that it has the Engry Pointer and a coded transmitter so it doesn't interfere with other HRM's and machines.
    http://www.polar.fi/en/products/compare There is where you can compare 3 models at a time.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

. Eventually I will get the sports bra so then I don't have to wear the chest strap as the sports bra has the same spot the clip your transmitter on it.

OHHHH I didn't know that! That is awesome!!! :bigsmile:
  • lizzie4015
    Options
    how do you get that info goal wt etc. under your ticker?? any help appreciated thanks!! maybe if I see more I'll do more:)
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    how do you get that info goal wt etc. under your ticker?? any help appreciated thanks!! maybe if I see more I'll do more:)

if you look at the top of any post in the forum there is a line of links:

>Home >Recent Posts >My Topics >Signature >Search

Select Signature and I am pretty sure that is where you can add goal weight and anything else...
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4..ebay BNIB...$49.99

I had the Polar F7 and loved it but it has since been discontinued.
  • jrcboiler
    jrcboiler Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT4 for about $80 at Sports Authority a week or two ago. I really like it so far, it has the chest strap for continuous monitoring. Seems to be pretty accurate too. I'd definitely recommend it.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I bought a New Balance HRM that you wear on your wrist that doesn't have a chest strap. It's cute or whatever but having to constantly press my fingers on the watch to get a reading isn't too easy when I'm in the middle of doing something that requires me to move my arms constantly (ie., Just Dance 2, Elliptical machine).

I'm on Best Buy's site right now looking at all the Polar HRM's. Me thinks I'll purchase one today. Thanks for posting this topic!!