Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

crunches on a balance (or fitness) ball

I have a Mini Ball, it mainly uses pilates move and so far I can't do any of them...not wanting to get discouraged, I moved on to the Fitness Ball...the big one that most refer to as a stability ball. I ignored the DVD and came up with my own kick my *kitten* routine for a 10 minute morning exercise just to get things rolling...mostly abdominal crunches. BUT! MFP doesn't list that and I can't find how many calories i've burned...I don't have a HRM and I don't really plan on getting one to be honest. I've been judging my activity by how much I'm sweating...lol...not real accurate, I'm sure, but if I'm not sweating I consider it a light workout, if just my forhead is sweating I'll call that moderate, and if my neck, pits and *kitten* crack are sweating I think that to be pretty vigorous! So far I havent gotten a vigorous workout, but the only thing listed close to crunches are "Sit ups, vigorous" and I've cut my time in half to lower the calorie count. I don't know if this is a trustworthy method or not and I'd really like to know if theres anyone who does crunches on a fitness ball and about how many calories you burn per 10 minutes or so? How have you been logging that in your diary? That would help tremendously!! I dont want to give up my little routine because pilates I'm convinced are strictly for skinny people and I'm not there yet.

Replies

• danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    sorry I cant answer your question but how are you liking doing crunches on a fitness ball? I was thinking about getting one but wasn't sure how I would use it!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    this might just be me, and I am sure it is, but I always feel like that ball is going to fall out from under me.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    this might just be me, and I am sure it is, but I always feel like that ball is going to fall out from under me.

Nope, it's not just you. I refuse to do them at the gym for this exact reason. I only do them at home so if I fall and look like an idiot, it's in the privacy of my own home.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    I would enter it under cardio, strength training. You won't get many calories burned out of it, but most exercises like that don't burn a lot. However, it will be great for muscle toning and balance, so keep doing it!
  • sorry I cant answer your question but how are you liking doing crunches on a fitness ball? I was thinking about getting one but wasn't sure how I would use it!

I really like it!! I cant do sit ups on the floor...it's too hard on my back and my tailbone. I've got lower back problems...most likely due to my weight. My biggest trouble area is my gut and fatty over hang of a belly courtesy of my 3 chilren and 10 years of laziness. I'd really like to get rid of that during this whole process and I don't think just eating right and short spurts of daily aerobics is going to get rid of it without doing some sort of extra abdominal exercise like cruches (and eventually those skinny ***** pilates moves).