COFFEE!!!!

Options
So, I know coffee isn't bad for me, considering the calories/carbs/fat/protein content. However, I HAVE TO use creamer with my coffee - there's no way I can drink it black. AND, I can't have just a drop of creamer, I need to be able to really taste the creamer. Yet, when I enter the creamer into my food diary, I literally CRINGE at how many calories, etc. I add, just from the creamer! What do you use for coffee creamer that's really yummy, yet pretty low in calories/fat, etc.?

Replies

• Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I like coffeemate fat free french vanilla. I think it only has 25 calories/tbsp.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I just use regular milk in my coffee.

I've also started adding cinnamon to the grounds when I brew it (about 1/4 tsp) and it really makes my need for milk/sugar lessened. (I use about 1/2 what I used to)
  • lbb_gasser
    Options
    Honestly, I just suck it up. There are certain things I just won't compromise & my coffee with creamer is sacred!
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I use lucerne fat-free creamer (most of the time). It does the job and I think it's about 15-20 calories per tbsp.
    Sometimes if it's not in stock at the store, I'll use the Lucerne Half-and-half, which has more calories but it's not like 18% Creamer :S
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    Any coffee mate fat free creamers, sugar free creamers ... try using just a little and adding a couple spoons of splenda or the equivalent ...
  • LettyGates
    Options
    I like the Non-dairy French Vanilla Coffemate powder creamer. It's not as high in fat as the liquid and has a great flavor. I used to use a ton of creamer myself...I slowly started using less for the same reason. Try a little less each time eventually you'll be used to what you're supposed to use in it.
  • kbarnes10_5
    kbarnes10_5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've heard of ppl using light vanilla soymilk. They find it creamier than skim milk and adds just a touch of flavor and sweetness - and at 15 calories for 1/4 cup :) maybe this could help
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    i put cinnamon bun whey in mine :D
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm curious if some of the soy based creamers are any lower in calories... might be worth a look. I made the switch to green tea :-(. Sorry I'm not much help :-).
  • Mayjenn
    Options
    I use a squirt of whipped cream on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. It makes me feel like I'm drinking something really decadent, but it's really only 52 calories!
  • TNMOM
    TNMOM Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to add Vanilla Almond Milk to my coffee.....
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use skim milk like 6/7 days of the week and then treat myself to cream on occasion. It reeeeally makes it that much better.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I was like that too, cinnamon vanilla creme was my addiction probably almost 1/4 cup per cup of coffee (10 oz. cup)! I started changing the ratio between milk and creamer little by little, more milk less creamer now I have about 4 tsp. sometimes a little less. The less sugar you are consuming overall the less your body and taste buds need of the creamer. It takes a little time but it is doable!
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Splenda has flavored sweetner? You can try that??
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    if I'm making it at home it's coffee-mate Creamy Chocolate - it's 60 calories for 4 tsp, but there are hardly any calories in my coffee. I will also use skim milk or silk vanilla soy milk as alternates.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I like to add Vanilla Almond Milk to my coffee.....

...me too! It's wonderful in coffee!
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Ooh, thanks for the cinnamon-in-the-grounds idea! I'm definitely going to try that. Alright, I can do this! Many of you have/had the same addiction and have been able to transition into a healthier creamer/milk. I WILL do this. I can't stop my addiction for coffee, but I WILL stop using the bad creamers and start using yummier/healthier creamers. Thanks all for the ideas!
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love the Splenda French Vanilla flavored sweetener. I can't drink coffee without it. It's low in cals, so I can easily work it into my day if I'm having coffee.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I started adding diet hot cocoa to mine instead of creamer and it only has 25 calories. Then I started using less of it until I didn't have to add anything.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I used to use fat free half&half, but the ingredients are just crap! I mean, they have to make it taste good somehow! So, I switched to FF evaporated milk! It's so creamy and delicious and wayyyy less calories and no fat!