Dieting stress and high blood pressure

Options
I had my blood pressure checked yesterday and it was higher than normal. Not quite considered high, but not in the normal range either. I have never had a problem with high blood pressure before. I am usually a very laid back low stress kind of person that eats mimimal salt. Could the extra stress lately of trying to lose weight be affecting my blood pressure? Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I had my blood pressure checked yesterday and it was higher than normal. Not quite considered high, but not in the normal range either. I have never had a problem with high blood pressure before. I am usually a very laid back low stress kind of person that eats mimimal salt. Could the extra stress lately of trying to lose weight be affecting my blood pressure? Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Nellie19
    Options
    WELL HELLO LIZARD....I HAVE HAD A HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE RATE ABOUT ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO BUT IT WASNT AS BAD...BUT SINCE THE DOCTOR TOLD ME IT WAS A LITTLE TO HIGH FOR ME I HAD TO BRING IT DOWN....SO I WENT ON AND STARTED DRINKING VEGETABLE JUICE AND I WAS DRINKING THIS DIETERS TEA.. AND THAT DIETERS TEA BROUGHT MT PRESSURE RIGHT DOWN I WAS SOO SHOCKED BUT I WAS HAPPY....AT FIRST MY PRESSURE WAS 145/90 NOW ITS 120/60.. BUT IT WAS STRESS WHAT DID IT TO ME SO PLEASE TRY NOT TO BE WORRIED AND STRESS OUT BECAUSE THAT REALLY CAN DO IT.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    What exactly was in the dieters tea? I drink decaf green tea everyday.
  • Nellie19
    Options
    natural substances....herbal things
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    It could have just been a bad day. Caffeine and sugar intake, sleep, recent activity, and I'm sure there's others, can all effect your blood pressure.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Stress can do it as well as congestion and other medical issue. The more weight I lose the higher my blood pressure goes. I have tried cutting caffeine, cutting salt, drinking more water (actually made it worse). I am now trying increasing my potassium. Eating asparagus every day has helped ,so I think it is a retaining water issue. The doctor mentioned medicine I will probably try more diuretics like the asparagus and the tea Nellie mentioned.