So discouraged

Options
I'm so discouraged. I just can't get past 135. No matter what I do. I finally lost a lb last week, only to put it right back on again this week!

I workout twice a day-6 days a week. Eat healthy and stay within my calorie range. I started adding more water (knowing this might be the problem), and although it's still not "enough" everyday, it's significantly more than what I normally drink.

I just don't get it!

Replies

• arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Relax hun this happens . there are weeks you don't lose any weight , it could that you're building muscles which are good since that would help you to lose weight even when you're NOT working out . it could also be your TOM ..or water retention. just keep going i know it gets frustrating but keep going and you'd shed them in no time :) Love !
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Try eating your exercise calories (or at least most) if you are not already.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories for the amount you burn working out twice a day? My sister hit a similar plateau and her trainer made her realize she wasn't eating enough. If your body isn't getting enough food it will start to hold on to the calories you do eat....just a thought :) Plateaus are the worst!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Don't let this slump discourage you. We all hit plateaus along the way. Not sure your calorie intake, but I actually found that increasing my calories for a while, and zigzagging up and down would break a plateau. Be sure you are eating healthy foods, watch your sodium intake and by all means do not give up as we all know you will accomplish nothing if you do that! Hang in there!
  • rawfitness
    rawfitness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You've hit a plateau. Take a few weeks off of exercising, then proceed, starting out at working out once a day.