Should there be a law?

Options
Should there be a law that restricts fitness models to advertise only products they actually use? You always see cut people that say " In only 6 minutes a day". Never mind the small print at the bottom that says with a strict diet.

Replies

• cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That bugs me. Or the ones that have before/after pictures that are computer generated or obviously not the same person.

What bugs me more are mascara commercials. Come on, really. That is false advertizing at it's finest.
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A ploy perceived is no longer a ploy. I wonder if any of those ab machines ever created a visible ab?
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    My favorite were the Hydroxycut ads from about 8 years ago. They would take people that were already ripped and pay them to eat high fat food so they could shoot a before picture. You look at the pictures and you can still tell they have a ton of muscle under the fat. I don't know of many people that are severely overweight with trapezius muscles half way up their neck.

As always: Results not typical.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I think people should stop being so gullible and believing everything that's seen on tv. :)

Seriously, if someone really thinks it takes only 6 minutes of electrical stimulation on your tummy to make you hot, you deserve to be duped. I get the point of how obnoxious the ads are, but we need to take some responsibility too for believing the junk that's spread. You'd have to create a bunch of laws to govern poor advertising.
  • beaulieucanada
    Options
    I totally agree and I can't believe MFP sell advertising to those shady companies... As I am posting this reply there's an ad on the right hand side that says ' lose 24 pounds in 2 weeks'... wow.

I realize the website needs revenues, nobody works for free.... but REALLY ????
  • danyelpink
    danyelpink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OMG, I HATE mascara commercials... ALL of those lashes are so clearly FAKE. It really makes me sad to think that there are people out there who really believe that crap.
    That bugs me. Or the ones that have before/after pictures that are computer generated or obviously not the same person.

What bugs me more are mascara commercials. Come on, really. That is false advertizing at it's finest.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I HATE those stupid nivea cellulite lotion commercials with the skinny girl putting it on then jumping all happy. please biznatch im sure you really have cellulite. ughh
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    OMG, I HATE mascara commercials... ALL of those lashes are so clearly FAKE. It really makes me sad to think that there are people out there who really believe that crap.

I know right...i am one of those people though lol i buy a different mascara like once a month. its a weird obsession i have to have long and full eye lashes lol
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I think people should stop being so gullible and believing everything that's seen on tv. :)

Seriously, if someone really thinks it takes only 6 minutes of electrical stimulation on your tummy to make you hot, you deserve to be duped. I get the point of how obnoxious the ads are, but we need to take some responsibility too for believing the junk that's spread. You'd have to create a bunch of laws to govern poor advertising.

I have to agree with this - there is a huge lack of accountability in society ... o_0
  • valleyrose99
    valleyrose99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you think those are bad, you should see the commercials in Mexico! I was there last month on vacation and caught a few commercials when not doing "vacation stuff". Unbelievable what they claim.