Canned Tuna Eaters!

Options
Amajoy
Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
I just thought I would share with you all what I found the other day, I was really excited to see it! I love canned tuna for its conveniance factor (quick lunch or dinner), high in protein, & it's CHEAP! The down fall it has is that its really high in sodium.

Well I Starkist makes a "Very Low Sodium Chunk White Albacore Tuna in Water" now (http://www.starkist.com/product/very-low-sodium-chunk-white-albacore-tuna-water).

Here are the facts compared to their regular Chunk while albacore tuna in water this is per 2oz serving (1/2 can):

*Low Sodium/regular

Calories 70/60
Fat 1g/1.5g
Sodium 35mg/180mg
Protein 16g/12g

I dont know about you but I will gladly take 10 extra calories for 145mg less of sodium, AND 4 more grams of protein.

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: Canned Tuna!!! Thank you for sharing !!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    OMG GREAT news! I love you so much for bringing this to my attention..yesterday I had tuna fish for breakfast AND dinner..lol. :)
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I just had tuna for lunch...totally switching to the low sodium one. Thanks!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I just ate some tuna :) Thanks for sharing.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ohhh thanks for sharing!! I agree, Id rather a few extra calories for the less sodium and more protein
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are just as excited about low sodium tuna as I am ahahahaha!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna really isn't good for you. It has high levels of mercury which get absorbed by your body and stored in your organs, including your brain. It also has high levels of BPA which causes, among other things, reproductive disorders.