Time For a Change!!

Options
Right before Christmas I got on the scale at work. I saw the number and just started bawling. I couldn't believe I let myself get that far. That night I really looked at myself in the mirror. I thought how can my husband stand to even look at me. I was down for many days until I decided I had enough. I got myself this way and I can get myself out. I have a long road ahead of me but I have the determination to do it. Part of being a parent is being an example and being the way I am is not the example I want to set. Not that I'm doing it for my kids. It's for ME!!

So far I have lost 23 lbs. I started doing the Atkins which worked really well but I got sick and just looking at a piece of meat made me gag so now I'm just watching what I eat. It's so much easier with MFP. I got on the treadmill today for 40 minutes and loved it. I miss filling that rush and pushing myself.

I would love to make some friends on here to share motivation. My username is Kari1434.

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! You can do it! :drinker:
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome! You are already on the right path. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend. We can all use support & motivation!