Belated Freshman 15

greeneggsam
greeneggsam Posts: 121
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, everyone.

I've been on MFP for about 3 weeks, but I haven't really jumped into the Community portion until now. I'd like to call it my belated freshman 15 that brings me here...

When I actually WAS a freshman in college, - in fact all throughout college - I was in basically the same shape as when I was in high school. I mean, I hauled my butt across campus with a 30-pound backpack four or five times a day. I couldn't help but be in decent shape.

Now, I have been out of college for a year and I have been in a cubicle pretty much the whole time. I started getting softer, and then I started getting heavier. I blamed it on the holidays (flag day, labor day, earth day, any day), on my busy schedule, on anything but my own refusal to take responsibility for my body.

So now I'm here, and I feel better already. MFP is easier to use than other calorie-counting sites I have used, and it's more intuitive to me than Points. There have certainly been surprises for me along the way, like when I eat before I lookup calories, but I think that's part of the process. I'm looking forward to self-improvement on this site!

Replies

• greeneggsam
    greeneggsam Posts: 121
    Hi, everyone.

I've been on MFP for about 3 weeks, but I haven't really jumped into the Community portion until now. I'd like to call it my belated freshman 15 that brings me here...

When I actually WAS a freshman in college, - in fact all throughout college - I was in basically the same shape as when I was in high school. I mean, I hauled my butt across campus with a 30-pound backpack four or five times a day. I couldn't help but be in decent shape.

Now, I have been out of college for a year and I have been in a cubicle pretty much the whole time. I started getting softer, and then I started getting heavier. I blamed it on the holidays (flag day, labor day, earth day, any day), on my busy schedule, on anything but my own refusal to take responsibility for my body.

So now I'm here, and I feel better already. MFP is easier to use than other calorie-counting sites I have used, and it's more intuitive to me than Points. There have certainly been surprises for me along the way, like when I eat before I lookup calories, but I think that's part of the process. I'm looking forward to self-improvement on this site!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Hi, everyone.

Flag day HUH? Now that sounds like a day to celebrate!!! Your post made me laugh. Welcome to the site. I have learned a whole lot about nutrition on this message board. So join the party and add your two cents as well. Everyone of has a story to tell!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: It will get to the point you will automatically remember most of the calories in the foods you eat without looking them up. :smile: Glad you decided to join the community, enjoy:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.