Running for Mom

Dirty03071
Dirty03071 Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
NO, I am not a mommies boy. A year ago I was in the best shape of my life. Running 30 miles a week, training for a half marathon and doing the Insantiy workout DVDs. A month after I completed my half marathon (2:02:48) my mother lost her battle with cancer. the time she was informed she had cancer, had surgery to cure it, she had died 8 weeks later. No one in the family saw this coming as my mother was only 66 and very active. Since her death I stopped all training and gained 40 pounds. With the help of family and freinds (hopefully some of you reading this) I want to get back to where I was 8 months ago. I miss running, I miss training and I miss my size 30 inch waist jeans. Please feel free to request my friendship, I have the APP for my itouch which am always on and would love the support......

thank you,
Corey

Replies

• Your topic really is touching.. I would love to be friends with you... I think you just need a motivator...:smile: when life gets tough.. the tough gets going..

Britt
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    I'm working on getting my mileage up too after my break from running. We can do this!
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    my heart is with you x - Ive only just started running - but last year I did the Moonlit walking marathon in Manchester to raise £ for Cancer Research UK and do the Race for Life 5k in support of breast cancer - you will find so much support on here - we are all here for you, you will soon get your mojo back - sign up for a charity place in a run - do it in memory of your mum but most of all do it for yourself your mum would be so proud of you x x
  • garden_girl18
    garden_girl18 Posts: 23 Member
    I wish you the best of luck on your journey! And will gladly add you as a friend. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.