Can you look at my diary

Options
2»

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    What time does everyone stop eating at night time? I have many calories left and get hungry about 9pm but i dont eat unless i have to. Is eating fruit/ veg bad for you after 8pm?
    I think it depends on what time you go to bed, If you go to bed at 10 or 11 then I think 9 is ok. If you go to bed at 9:15 then 9 might be too late. I stop about an hr and half or so before bed time. It reduces heartburn.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Agree on the need to eat more, MINIMUM of 1560 per day NET, 1200 is only for us ladies really.......

I would suggest trying to change your meal balance around so that your biggest meals of the day are breakfast and lunch and dinner is the smallest.... I know, not that easy.

Secondly I would go in and manually change the carb/fat/protein balance to give yourself more protein, more fat and fewer carbs and try to meet those, maybe 40%/30%/30% would work better for you but you'll need to try it for at least 2 weeks.

Lastly, sugar and salt could definitely be a hindrance, even though you are not adding sugar to your diet, most processed foods contain more sugar and sodium than you would ever guess and it helps to check the labels. e.g. we have a soup brand here in the US that does regular and low sodium versions of their canned soups. The regular, 1 normal sized can often contains the entire daily allowance of sodium but the low sodium one is a reasonable amount.

All in all though your diet looks to be reasonably healthy and well balanced and the most important thing you can do is stick with it. Even if the scale moves down very slowly, at least it won't be going the other way.

Good luck to you.
  • MindyF68
    Options
    Hi,
    I think I would have to agree with everyone that you need to eat more cals but good ones.
    I normally try and stop eating at 8pm. What I do is I go and brush my teeth ( cause you know everything is going to taste gross or weird after that) than I shut the lights off in the kitchen and tell myself the kitchen is closed. It works for me.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What time does everyone stop eating at night time? I have many calories left and get hungry about 9pm but i dont eat unless i have to. Is eating fruit/ veg bad for you after 8pm?

I work 12-hour shifts, so on those days I usually don't eat dinner until 8-8:30. I eat a regular-sized dinner at that time. I haven't noticed it to have an adverse effect on my weight loss.
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I try and stick to breaking it up in even chunks and I 'try' to see food in terms of energy not feel good taste good stuff (that is really hard and something I long to be better at) but if you were to look at my food diary...you see I try and do 300 ish calorie meals, and 150 ish calories snacks with a few things extra when I am hungry or have earned the calories. Another thing on those days you are just not hungry enought to EAT the calories, drink them! Have a glass of milk or juice or something. One other thing...a snack at night is not bad but you don't want it to be heavy or full of carbs. Good luck =)