Dizziness

Options
Hey everyone,
I've been exercising for almost a month now. But about a week ago during a bootcamp video workout I was doing, I got dizzy and ended up quitting in the middle of the video. It seemed to be going to away, but came back again a a week later. Went to the doctor and they said that it may be due to the fact that I quit smoking a month ago. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks :)

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Did you mention also to your doctor that you are currently working on a diet plan? Just curious because you may not be eating enough calories. I used to get dizzy especially when getting up from squat possition quickly and ever since I upped my calorie intake I have been doing and feeling so much better.
  • hellparadiso
    Options
    I've been having this problem too - certain exercise programs, especially dance-related ones, are making me feel dizzy and nauseated for a while after I'm done with them. I know I'm getting enough calories, but I also quit smoking a couple of weeks ago. It's interesting to think about.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Could be you're not eating enough too ... or enough of the right nutrients for such a heavy duty exersise.

Quitting smoking does get you dizzy don't get me wrong, but it will also make you dizzy just sitting at your desk and typing...

I'm going with lack of proper nutrients
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Also huge congrats on the quitting... did you use willpower or an aid? I've been on Champix for over a month now :( and not feeling anything. I used to be a pack a day smoker - but now I have a pack a week ... so maybe it's working ? but I haven't quit ...