Warrior Dash

Options
Yesterday I completed my first 5K! Yay! Not only was it a 5K, but it was the warrior dash, which meant several obstacles throughout. There was a lot of trying to run through pudding mud! Also, had to climb cargo nets, run through tires and over a few cars, crawl under then hop over 4 ft walls, jump over fire and at the end there was a huge mud puddle, about 4 feet deep to swim through and under the barbed wire. Was pretty fun, I am definetly feeling it today. It was a great total body work out and they travel from city to city, so you might want to see if they are coming near you. We found them on groupon, so it was only $25.

I want to do some more of these obstacle 5ks. I think they are less itimidating then just running, I suppose because each obstacle kind of gives you a break. Has anyone else done one of these or something like it before?

Replies

• shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I just signed up for the Warrior Dash in my area this June. Sooooo excited!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I never would have thought to check Groupon!
  • shhhbear
    shhhbear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    there's a warrior dash in new orleans in may!!!
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    There is also the Spartan Race and Tough Mudder, if you like the adventure style races. I am doing the Dirty Dash in September, but that only takes place in Utah.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    March 5th will be my first Warrior Dash... I CAN NOT WAIT!!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I really want to do the Warrior Dash, but I don't know anyone who wants to do it with me. Anyone in Minnesota?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing such a challenging 5K!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im thinking about doing the north texas one.It looks like a blast
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanks, just got my results.... So, I placed 4,049 out of 5159 overall and 423/617 for my age division. My time for the Warrior Dash 5K was 50:55.10 with a pace of 15:46/M
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I just signed up for the Warrior Dash in my area this June. Sooooo excited!

You will get dirty! but that's half the fun. Literally had to scrub myself about 3 times in the shower to get all the dried mud off. After a while I realized some of what I was scrubbing was bruises and NOT mud. :laugh: There's a few more I'm looking at in Central Florida if any girls out there want to run one with me? I know my husband really want to try to run hard on the next one, since he is a good runner and I'm not sooo much. lol. I was looking at the Adventure 5K..which I don't think has all the mud http://www.bndcadventurerace.com/ and/or the Mud Run, which i think is more muddy than the warrior dash http://www.championsmudbash.com/events/mud-run-central-florida
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I really want to do the Warrior Dash, but I don't know anyone who wants to do it with me. Anyone in Minnesota?

I am already signed up for the on in July in MN but I think our time slot is full (saturday at 10:30). It looks like they just opened up Sunday. Right now the group I am going with 1 wants to wear a kilt, 1 a tutu, 1 a grass skirt and coconut bra and then me and one other say running shorts with crazy knee socks or leggings. Oh and of course the eye black. I think we are having way too much fun planning for it.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for the Georgia dash.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options

I am already signed up for the on in July in MN but I think our time slot is full (saturday at 10:30). It looks like they just opened up Sunday. Right now the group I am going with 1 wants to wear a kilt, 1 a tutu, 1 a grass skirt and coconut bra and then me and one other say running shorts with crazy knee socks or leggings. Oh and of course the eye black. I think we are having way too much fun planning for it.

That sounds like so much fun! Saturday is all full except for the 5 pm slot. I'll have to find some people to go on Sunday
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I did one last September in Oregon. I am signed up for another, here in Washington this July and will do another in Oregon again this September. It is a blast. There are a couple of other similar events across the country if Warrior Dash is not in your area. One is called Spartan Race and for those super athletes there is Tough Mudder. Supposed to be the most difficult obstacle course on the planet. Also at least twice and long as the others.
  • rebelrace
    Options
    Good job! Try doing rebel race.