Once a week...

Options
bwleung89
bwleung89 Posts: 55 Member
In April of last year, i started a new weekly goal. I do something new each week. It helps me alot because i get out of ruts and explore new things. Sometimes its something i am afraid of, others its something that i am too lazy to do. Not all of them are the healthiest or smartest but the fact that i do them is what matters. Here is a list of some of the stuff i have done since then.

1)Rock Climbing at Garden of the Gods
2)Mountain Biking in North Carolina
3)Backpacking Africa for a few weeks with friends
4)Ate mushrooms on my pizza (i know but i hate mushrooms still)
5)Tried middle eastern food
6)Tried indian food
7)Ran a 5k race
8)Dumped a girl that i had been hesitating to do
9)Learned to drive stick
10)Off roading at the Great Sand Dunes
11)Snow camping
12)Basketball game (Mavs vs Spurs)
13)Quit Smoking
14)Learned Piano
15)Got a tattoo

There are others but i cant remember them cause alot of them were really small things. So i wonder, what did yall do this week that put you outside of your comfort zone and could be an idea for everyone else?

Replies

• jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Very cool...its not what I did this week...its what I did in December. I moved from North Carolina to Massachusetts where the only people I know are my mom and husband. It has been an exciting adventure! Keep up your weekly goals...I like that idea all except for the mushrooms on my pizza!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I love this! I ate snails this week for the first time. They were okay. Reminded me of mussels. Won't have them again, but not because they were 'gross'. They were just okay.

Charmagne
  • jdelana
    jdelana Posts: 22
    Options
    I started taking protein shakes!!! Never have done that after work outs!!!
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome journey to your goal weight!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I'm going to start rock climbing this spring!! Can't wait!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Very cool...its not what I did this week...its what I did in December. I moved from North Carolina to Massachusetts where the only people I know are my mom and husband. It has been an exciting adventure! Keep up your weekly goals...I like that idea all except for the mushrooms on my pizza!

lol that's similar to us except we moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee and the only people I know are my mom, husband and my kids.
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options

lol that's similar to us except we moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee and the only people I know are my mom, husband and my kids.

I absolutely love it here. Where in Massachusetts did you live? We are in Haverhill.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I went hiking for the first time this week. Instead of taking the long 2.6 mi trail around the mountain I went straight up the middle (.6mi.) I burned almost twice the amount of calories I burn in the gym and it REALLY worked my legs and butt muscles... My Butt is REALLY sore from that. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!