You're right but you're wrong.

Options
2»

Replies

• NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you mention that everyone should be willing and open to researching what information they DO get here. Because sometimes I see things posted that are very wrong and think, "What if the OP takes that seriously without taking the time to look it up???" Scary!

Scary indeed. The way I take it is like a politician. They know how to talk and move the crowds, that doesn't mean they no crap about what they're talking about LOL

Oh and that's an excellent point, you being a future nutritionist, there's always something new to learn :) thank you for sharing that.

When I reached my junior year and started REALLY getting into the how's and why's of nutrition, I thought it was overwhelming. There's so much to learn! So I'm never going to know it all and even registered dietitians have opposing points of view. Its always important to respect that. I do get my feathers ruffled though when someone with no background in either nutrition or the health field (because being a fellow health field professional.....I know you have knowledge of chemistry, biology, A & P, and sometimes microbiology) tries to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. You know.....if someone with a background in business management tried to tell you how to massage a muscle. I usually just have to give a heavy sigh and step away from the situation because arguments are counterproductive. You know?
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    well said :D ppl should keep their thoughts to themselves and just support all of us on our fitness/helth journeys

Kirstie x