Zumba

jennifir
jennifir Posts: 197 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have any idea how many calories an hour of zumba burns? Roughly?

Replies

• bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    I burned 415 calories at my last Zumba class in 45 mins, I am 5'4" and weigh 130lbs, not sure whether that helps you or not!

Mandy xx
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Depends on your intensity. I've taken classes by 4 different instructors. Calorie burned has ranged from 550-1050.
  • jennifir
    that does help..thank you. I've just been counting 400...the low end to make sure I don't over count!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I don't have a heart rate monitor. I uasually log 1/2 the class as high impact aerobic and 1/2 as low b/c the songs very in intensity. Also, I don't jump and bounce as much as the instructor. If I put in more effert soemtiems iIchange the ratios. same if I'm having an off day. I figure this is a good estimate that doens't go over board...so i don't go over board when eating back my exercise cals.
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    that does help..thank you. I've just been counting 400...the low end to make sure I don't over count!!

I also count mine as 400. I'd rather under count than cheat myself.
  • yoko7
    yoko7 Posts: 1
    I am 164 cm and 67 kg and I burn 600 kcal per hour:)
  • jennifir
    that's a great idea! Thank you for the tip. Right now I do it at home...but plan to find a class soon once I start bringing in a steady income from my new job!
This discussion has been closed.