Hello

Options
Please allow me to introduce myself.......

Chronologically I am 42 years old, but inside.....inside my heart and mind I`m in my late 20`s early 30`s. My metabolism however, seems older then me! I joined this site less than a week ago and so far so good. At first I thought it was a real pain in the posterior inputting my meals, exercises, water consumption etc. I now have come to realize that this is just the thing I needed to be doing all along. Seeing all the data, totals etc has really motivated me to stay focused, keep on track and make myself accountable for the success I hope to achieve.

I am excited to make new myfitnesspal friends knowing I will have encouragement during the tough times and to be able to lend support to others. Looking forward to weighing in on Feb. 2 ( never thought I`d say that )!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • teawithtennyson
    Options
    Nice to "meet" you - looks like we are close in age, so might experience some of the same things. My lovely daughter is a big part of what is helping me do this, too. She is so young and when she looks to me, I want to lead the way for her, not discourage her. She started worrying about her weight when she was 4...and I don't want to be a stumbling block in her young life.

It's funny you should have mentioned your taste buds waking up, because I am experiencing that in a different way. I have not been a smoker, but grew up eating very fatty, oily, salty and highly seasoned foods. I am enjoying cooking more than I ever have before and am learning to appreciate the different flavors in foods that I have taken the time to slice, dice and prepare. Wasa Flatbread crackers with Rosemary is my new favorite snack, with a LITTLE sharp cheddar cheese or just plain.

I'll look forward to ideas and victories that you post. God bless your journey
    teawithtennyson
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for support and ideas. Good luck!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the board Margy. MFP is truly the best.
  • DreamBelieveAct
    Options
    I believe in you :)