Has this happened to anyone else? (rather disgusting)

Options
Last night I had to join in on my brother-in-laws celebration dinner. He just got promoted and wanted to have a steak dinner so I couldn't say no. I had enough calories left over so didn't mind too much. However, half an hour after dinner I started feel queasy and the next thing I know, I'm on my knees over the porcelain bowl. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary throughout the day and no one else had any issues with the steaks they had.

I did notice that while I was eating, I felt really stuffed but forced everything down because I didn't want my brother-in-law to feel insulted. I felt a whole lot better once I had everything out but still, this has NEVER happened to me before so I don't understand it. Any ideas? I don't really want a repeat..

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just got overstuffed. Don't worry so much about insulting people -- if you're full, stop eating! :) I hope you feel better today. Take care of yourself.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Your body is adjusting itself it smaller portions?
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Oh you are going to have to get over that feeling of not wanting to hurt anyones feelings. You just are. Glad you are feeling better.
  • bp1984
    bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You over ate simple as that. Dont force food down. get it to go.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me when I over eat. I have never actually threw up but man I feel like I want to for about 2 hours. Listen to the ques your body is giving off and stop when you are full. It is very had when it tastes so good but after going thru this a time or two you will realize it is worth it!
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I suppose I thought I could take it in because I used to be able to tuck away a whole lot more! But yeah, I guess it was overeating. I have to learn to say no..
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I find that once I've been eating clean for a while, my body has a harder time digesting meals with a lot of fat and/or sugar.
    Combine that with stuffing yourself and you're bound to have nasty results.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I felt like that on Thursday night -- except I didn't hurl, but I thought I was going to. Simple overeating. Your stomach does shrink so you just can't pack in the food like before!!

If the situation presents itself again, just ask the server to bring you half and keep half for later (or order a smaller portion with less filling foods). If anyone comments, just say that the meal seems so enjoyable, you'd like to have the other half tomorrow. Or, tell them that you're not a 200lb man like they are (which is what I have to say when I eat at my parent's house to my father!)
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me before in a restaurant.

I eat pretty clean at home and am more of a grazer (5 meals a day). Usually my meals are bigger breakfast and lunch and my dinner is smaller. Well we went to this restaurant... started with garlic bread, then huge bowl of pasta which was a bit greasy / oily, and a desert. :sick: I hadn't eaten that much in one go for ages!!! My body just told me enough is enough, there is no more space, and I had to excuse myself to the bathroom. LOL

If it's just a one-off I wouldn't worry about it.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I find that once I've been eating clean for a while, my body has a harder time digesting meals with a lot of fat and/or sugar.

Absolutely!!! Greasy fried stuff instantly makes me want to hurl now. I can't even stand the smell of it. :sick:
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If you are full stop eating. Nobody is going to be upset at you for not stuffing yourself to the point you make yourself sick. Take the leftovers home and thank him for the diner next time.
  • shardown
    Options
    Yeah, I think that's what happened. I've been eating smaller portions with better food. It was the first time I've had a steak in months and I hardly even eat red meat anymore.

Never again. Never again!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options

I had the same issue today - I had a lunch meeting and while I "researched" beforehand, didn't eat too much, and knew the calories and so on, I feel pretty crappy right now! It's the fat and salt that gets to me nowadays..
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I hear you!
    It's amazing...I feel like throwing up if I eat CAKE now! I used to eat cake, cookies or pie every day...now I don't even think of it, and all that sweetness makes me feel sick for hours afterward.

Weird.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    We are just starting a new series of The Biggest Loser here in Oz. The trainers had to spend a week eating what the families usually eat - and they were hurling! For sure your body can reject foods it's not used to consuming. I get bloated and stomach cramps if I eat food that's high fat. My taste buds generally tell me to avoid sugar packed items such as shop bought cake (homemade still ok lol), certain ice creams, sweets etc. I don't like that over processed taste anymore.

Looking forward to the next show when the trainers get weighed after a week of eating all that crappy food - they are going to be mad!!!
  • shardown
    Options
    Yeah, I've concluded its because of the beef and overeating. I haven't had beef in ages (if you exclude the occasional sausage or stir fry) and having that much beef just did it in for me. I've learned my lesson..no more large amounts of beef and no more pushing myself when I'm already full.

I guess I didn't realise how much my body has changed since I started watching what I eat and all this only started nearly 4 weeks ago. It really wasn't worth the throwing up. I have no idea how other people could eat so much and not feel sick.
  • shardown
    Options
    We are just starting a new series of The Biggest Loser here in Oz. The trainers had to spend a week eating what the families usually eat - and they were hurling! For sure your body can reject foods it's not used to consuming. I get bloated and stomach cramps if I eat food that's high fat. My taste buds generally tell me to avoid sugar packed items such as shop bought cake (homemade still ok lol), certain ice creams, sweets etc. I don't like that over processed taste anymore.

Looking forward to the next show when the trainers get weighed after a week of eating all that crappy food - they are going to be mad!!!
    I'm in Oz too. Haven't been following it yet though. Are they on free-to-air channels?