Peanut butter...

Options
Amb1976
Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
since i started working out more it seems i have an unusually high craving for peanut butter...all the time...i had pb toast for bfast, i had pb on celery for snack and now i want more pb! lol....what is wrong with me lol

Replies

• sarasotatim
    Options
    I wouldn't think anything :) Plus, peanut butter is a great source of protein, and generally good for you all-around :)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It isn't the worst thing in the world to crave. Go lightly and count it all.
  • lynx__13
    lynx__13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have Peanut Butter and Celery or PB and Toast ALL the TIME! lol I even crave it at dinner sometimes too. You're not alone :)
  • ashleelyman
    Options
    Try almond butter! Tastes delicious and is better for you than peanut butter. :)
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It is good for you I like the natural ones (gets rid of the bad oils) but you have to watch it is high in cals and can put you way over if you do not watch it. I have a hard time controling the 2 tbsp I usually want more lol:)

Alisha
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    OMG I love PB!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have to share that while I was pregnant I CRAVED peanut butter like you would not believe. I had a serving of a certain kind of peanut butter every day for a good nine months! I am amazed now when I can go for days at a time without even thinking about it!

Just to say that I know what is feels like to obsess over peanut butter :)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I understand!!! This happens for some reason with healthy eating it seems like. Seriously me and a bunch of my friends on here are addicted to peanut butter, lol.

It's just odd to me that so many of us crave the stuff.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The past few days it looks like you're way below on calories. That could be a factor. As long as you're within your parameters go ahead and eat it. It's good and good for you.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You may also be craving fats…or protein.
  • imbwy420
    Options
    I agree with the almond butter suggestion!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    best way to stop craving pb: dont eat it anymore. PB really is not all that amazing. it causes many cravings actually and it is hard to stop once you get a little.
  • Amb1976
    Options
    I have to share that while I was pregnant I CRAVED peanut butter like you would not believe. I had a serving of a certain kind of peanut butter every day for a good nine months! I am amazed now when I can go for days at a time without even thinking about it!

i NOT pregnant lol!!!!!!:laugh:
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is soooo good! It really can get ya though, right up over those calorie goals! yikes!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options

Ha! I didn't mean to suggest you were. I was just sharing my experience with craving peanut butter. I've been there, dude!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    It could be your body craving protein. When our body dips is in Starvation Mode long enough it will start craving the nutrients it truly needs.

I used to eat Jif Creamy all the time but have since switched over to natural. Smuckers Natural Creamy is wonderful, especially with apples! I keep screwing up and getting the chunky without looking but it's still good.

Natural peanut butter is very, very healthy. Yes you have to keep it in small amounts but it's great when you need something calorie dense but still nutritious. I eat more peanut butter now than I ever did before. I keep a jar at home and a jar at work.

Peanut Butter causes cravings??? I don't get that.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love Peanut Butter and its never caused me cravings. I eat the low sodium brand on celery. Yummy!
  • Amb1976
    Options

Ha! I didn't mean to suggest you were. I was just sharing my experience with craving peanut butter. I've been there, dude!

i know i was just kiddin lol
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I understand!!! This happens for some reason with healthy eating it seems like. Seriously me and a bunch of my friends on here are addicted to peanut butter, lol.

It's just odd to me that so many of us crave the stuff.

LMAO!!!!!
    Chrissy has to put up with all my posts about how I am addicted to PB, how I could live off of it and basically how I want to marry it and have its babies!!! :laugh:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Try almond butter! Tastes delicious and is better for you than peanut butter. :)

I saw the almond butter the other day...lol I thought it was real butter with a almond flavoring like you would get at restaurants for the rolls. I will go back and pick some up.