Anyone in the Pacific Northwest??

Options
I want to get out and start hiking as soon as the weather starts getting a little warmer. Any good place you might know of for a good hike?

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    NW Here. The most amazing place is the Gorge. You will find all different intensities there and gorgeous scenery to go along with it. We're close to the Gorge and try to never spend a weekend at home in the Summer. If you stop at one of the rest stops, there are maps that tell you all kinds of trails and there are websites that rate them. Enjoy.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Multnomah Falls :)
    and Forest Park in PDX for its trails.
  • mskrissytina74
    Options
    There are some great trails up by Mount Rainier. Alot of the state parks offer trails with maps!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    I'm from Olympia, WA. I'm not a big hiker, but I love taking walks around our national parks and down by the Sound.
  • adurfee
    adurfee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in Seattle. Whereabouts are you? My best friend lives in the Portland area, and she knows lots of good Oregon spots. Do you need a hiking/walking partner in crime???
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    haha.. I guess I should have been more specific... Im up just north of Seattle... but go down towards Olympia quite often, and do head over to Spokane a couple of times during the Summer...

Thanks for all the info.. I have been here for about 7 years.. but there are SOOOOO many spots to hike.. .I just want to try something new : )
  • wildbio
    wildbio Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Have you climbed Mt. Si? That's a great hike. There are also a lot of trails near Tiger Mountain and Snoqualmie Falls. Also, in Snohomish and Skagit Counties (pretty much as soon as you leave the urban area) there are a ton of places to just walk. As long as there isn't any timber harvesting going on, you should be able to walk/hike along the logging roads. There's a pretty walk north of Arlington just off of Highway 9 that is blocked by a gate but the roads behind it go for miles. Good luck!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    You found me already! :-D I am in Lynnwood!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    There are some great trails up by Mount Rainier. Alot of the state parks offer trails with maps!
    WE LOVE the rainier area (although it is actually a national park hehe but still LOTS OF HIKING)!!!!!! We are camping and hiking there again this summer. I am very much so looking forward to it! :-D But we hike all over the cascades and heading to the Olympics also this summer. :-D
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Lynnhood in the house!

I am up north of you in Marysville
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

Lynnhood in the house!

I am up north of you in Marysville

I grew up in Marysville actually! :-D
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Lots of great hikes and trails up here around Bellingham!
  • busub
    busub Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm in Edmonds, WA... last summer we hit up Wallace Falls, Twin Falls, Ice Caves, Mt. Si and Rainier... all awesome hikes.
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    Olympic National Park!!! SO BEAUTIFUL. I'm from Olympia, WA.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    DANGIT! Why does it have to be 35 degrees outside and FEBRUARY! May can come anytime now!!!!
  • Arizonagirl
    Options
    I grew up in Snohomish & remember hiking Wallace Falls when the weather was nice. I don't remember the difficulty level or anything but I do remember it being beautiful! Reading this section makes me miss the pacific northwest!! Happy hiking :)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wallace-falls-seattle
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I live in Covington, the only place I have ever hiked is Tiger MT, I didnt start hiking till last September, lol I am looking forward to some hikes this spring summer with my boys!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    on meetup.com there is a great hiking group. A friend of mine recently joined them and it seems they go somewhere almost everyother weekend.