Can't fight the hunger craving

Options
2»

Replies

• mandy81marie
    Options
    yes after reading most of the posts I realize I need to shop for more fruits and veggies. Just because something says it's a 100 calorie snack doesn't mean it's going to be filling and/or healthy for me ;)
  • penelopekl208
    Options
    Great Dinner:
    Rump Steak cooked in - 1 calorie spray
    with a mixed salsa of chopped fresh tomatoes, olives, red onion, with the 1 calorie spray balsamic dressing

It's a struggle - I always allow for an emergency pitta bread !

A really low cal lunch: Morrisons American style salad, extra fresh raw chopped red pepper, and small 60g tin of tuna, 1 tablespoon soy sauce - is only about 160 calories.

fill yourself up with raw veg / salads - Morrisons have great, cheap ready made salads.

Stir frys are great too and practically no calories.

plan your food the day before and DRINKS lots of water

swop your sugar for 'half sugar' the low cal stuff thats just like sugar and you get from Sainsburys

and have a list of low cal emergency snacks

Options hot chocolate
    pitta bread
    Snack a Jacks
    butterkist low cal popcorn

so you don't feel totally deprived. But above all i'd say clear your fridge/house of 'goodies' - if they're not there you can't eat them. Walk everywhere ! buy a pedometre - it counts your steps. Great incentive to just move more.

hope this helps. I'm into my first week and have lost 5 lbs - just given up smoking so needed to become preoccupied with calories. good luck xx
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    yes after reading most of the posts I realize I need to shop for more fruits and veggies. Just because something says it's a 100 calorie snack doesn't mean it's going to be filling and/or healthy for me ;)

Yeah, the 100 calorie snacks are good in theory -- and, if you are REALLY craving a snack (and who doesn't from time to time, right?) it is really nice to have them reasonably portioned and ready to go -- but you can't live on 'em. :laugh: Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • susanaparker
    susanaparker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with hunger, as I've always had. I'm going over my calorie intake nearly everyday. The problem is, my blood sugar drops too quickly so it's a nightmare trying to balance it on top of dieting. I am pre-diabetic and I take medication (the doctor gave me the option as I don't really need it in a way, but it helps me with the sugar imbalance and I can eat smaller portions and feel satisfied - whereas before I'd eat mindlessly).

So, why I am back on a diet? Well, the tablets (metformin) only works if you eat right and last year I lost the plot, not on portions but on food choices (luckily I no longer eat until I feel like I am about to burst). At Christmas I lost it twice more. And this is the result.

Before taking metformin I had no energy all day, the tiredness was overwhelming, I could only think of sleeping....even after having lost 14kg. Now, providing my blood sugar doesn't drop too low, I can work all day and my brain is still sharp.

I am just saying this for people who might have the same problem as me. I have friends who are overweight but their blood sugar levels remain stable even if they go for a long walk (I have to eat half way).

If this is your case, go to your doctor. There is a test to measure the sugar in your blood for a 3 hour period, as well as the amount of insulin running in your body (in my case it was 4 times more than it should be).