Rippetoe Workout (weight lifting/bulking)

Options
Has anyone tried this? If so, what were your results?

Replies

• mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I ran it about 6 or 7years ago, if you're referring to starting strength. It's a damn good program as long as you're not one of those that's gonna want to change it and play around with it. Buy the book, read the book, apply the book and only things that are in the book. It'll teach you basics you need to know and learn in order to progress and get started. It's a good building program. Once you get started, you'll find out what works for you and what doesn't. Let me know if you have any issues or questions.
  • nolaboi504
    Options
    Starting Strength was exactly what I was talking about. My friend has a copy of this book and was telling me about it so I started looking online for some additional information. The routine I've been doing is tris/chest - bis/back - legs/shoulders but I wanted to do a full body 3x week since I felt I would get more from that and thats where I came across routine.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's a good program for a lot of people. You also have the option of running some complexes with barbells and dumbells for full body stuff, it's quick and fast, and you can make it pretty much whatever you want. I usually run a complex or two during the week in between my lifting and conditioning routines.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I started on 5x5 but wish I started with starting strength. It's a proven program for anyone who sticks with it.