New Job!

Options
Wow..I just found out I have a new job! I have been a Mom/Nanny since 18 yrs old... but come the end of August I am going to be a Teacher's assistant for a kindergarten class ( Hyperventalating in bag :frown: ) I havent had a REAL job...since..well.. my teenage years? Don't get me wrong...being a Nanny is a job.. but the kids coem to my home..I never have to leave the comfort of my own home. Oh my gosh..and I'm going to have to tell the current people I work for...Yikes! I've had their baby since 2 months old..she is now 10 months old.. Gonna be a blow...

So as you can tell..I am nervous! Not only about letting the current job go..but this new job ahead of me.. and on top of that..after three years of homeschooling my kids they will be attending school as well.. same school..but first time for my daughter..ever! ( She will be going into first grade) not only do I have to get ME out of the house before 7am..but my two kids too!! And my daughter..who sleeps till nine every morning..out of bed and to class kicking and screaming for mommy.. Again..where's my paper bag! It is going to be a big adjustment for us all... How am I going to stick to my diet and MFP? How sad!

Some good things is..the obvious..a steady pay..even if it is just minimum wage..when you are a nanny you can never count on a full weeks pay... and.. I get to go out and buy new clothes!! ( Can't really go to work in jeans and sneakers LOL)

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Wow..I just found out I have a new job! I have been a Mom/Nanny since 18 yrs old... but come the end of August I am going to be a Teacher's assistant for a kindergarten class ( Hyperventalating in bag :frown: ) I havent had a REAL job...since..well.. my teenage years? Don't get me wrong...being a Nanny is a job.. but the kids coem to my home..I never have to leave the comfort of my own home. Oh my gosh..and I'm going to have to tell the current people I work for...Yikes! I've had their baby since 2 months old..she is now 10 months old.. Gonna be a blow...

So as you can tell..I am nervous! Not only about letting the current job go..but this new job ahead of me.. and on top of that..after three years of homeschooling my kids they will be attending school as well.. same school..but first time for my daughter..ever! ( She will be going into first grade) not only do I have to get ME out of the house before 7am..but my two kids too!! And my daughter..who sleeps till nine every morning..out of bed and to class kicking and screaming for mommy.. Again..where's my paper bag! It is going to be a big adjustment for us all... How am I going to stick to my diet and MFP? How sad!

Some good things is..the obvious..a steady pay..even if it is just minimum wage..when you are a nanny you can never count on a full weeks pay... and.. I get to go out and buy new clothes!! ( Can't really go to work in jeans and sneakers LOL)
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :happy: :flowerforyou:

Bravo!! You will do great, i'm sure. And I wouldn't worry too much about MFP! Though we will miss your lovely face, I'm positive that you have it in you to stick to a planned out day!

When do you start?
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    August 27th... YIKES!!!! ( Guess I better actually learn how to lets see.... use a copying machine for starters? LOL..) I have been changing diapers and preparing bottles for so long I think I may go into shock!:noway:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

With the technology these little kids are brought up around, I'm sure one of them will teach you how to use the copier!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats sweetie!!!
    You'll will be amazed how everything comes back to you.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! :drinker:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!