Hoping to find new weight loss buddies and support

akakris04
akakris04 Posts: 10
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
I'm embarking on probably my millionth diet attempt. I think what has been missing in the past has been support from others who are losing weight and trying to make better lifestyle choices. Talking to a friend who has never had a weight problem doesn't help - it just makes it worse sometimes. I would love any advice on how to keep going, stay motivated, and how to keep entertained with exercise. Here's to the next round - let's hope it's the last!

Replies

• Hi! I'm Sabrina. I've been on here since the 18th of Jan. Be more than glad to be your on line buddy.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    glad you're here! can add me.. =]
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Welcome!! You can do it!!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    hi - you can add me
  • Add me as a friend
  • Raebug123
    Raebug123 Posts: 79 Member
    Welcome! I'm sure you will do great and find lots of support here! All depending what you like but you can keep your workouts fun with at home work outs. All sorts of dance workout videos. I currently have a salsa dvd and it kicks my butt! There are also hip hop and line dancing. Lots of fun at least for me :)
  • Sammyk50
    Sammyk50 Posts: 77 Member
    Hi add me if u would like! We all need all the help we can get!
  • for_a_mittengrl
    for_a_mittengrl Posts: 93 Member
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey! This site is FANTASTIC for finding support and motivation!! Friend me if you'd like! :)
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Hi! You can add me too. Good luck! :)
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    You can add me too! I've been on here for a while, but was too afraid to try to make friends or participate in the forums until recently. I'm so glad I've gotten all these wonderful friends now that I can share things with. They are extremely supportive and motivational which is what we need sometimes to help us make it through the really difficult times. And you're so right it is so hard to talk to people that haven't been in the same situation.
  • Watching everyone make life changes and succeeding is great motivation.
  • Hi! I just started a week ago and already down 6 lbs as of my weigh in this morning. I've tried just about every crazy diet, the expensive diets, the pill popping diets and so on and so forth. Calorie counting is the only thing I haven't ever tried, and I'm diggin it! I really in love with this website...borderline obsessed actually. Please add me as a friend and I'll do my best to give you any thing you need to get up and get going...and keep going!!!
This discussion has been closed.