Step Away From The Scale in February

Options
2»

Replies

• rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The hubby hasn't put away the scale for me yet, so I'll have to remind him. I spent this morning brushing my teeth thinking, not gonna weigh, not gonna weigh, not gonna weigh...
  • qtwells82
    Options
    I think that will be hard for me...but i will try my hardest to resist!

Good Luck to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in! I know enough to know that if I am building the muscle I should be building, I should be gaining and 'shrinking' - for a while. So why in the world would I weigh in at this juncture in my journey? Oh that's right, to torture myself. So....I will skip the needless confusion of the scale and accept the challenge.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in! I know enough to know that if I am building the muscle I should be building, I should be gaining and 'shrinking' - for a while. So why in the world would I weigh in at this juncture in my journey? Oh that's right, to torture myself. So....I will skip the needless confusion of the scale and accept the challenge.
    Amen to that! It is pure torture to weigh when you KNOW your body is all swollen up from water retention. Especially if you are sore already and know its going on!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    My starting weight is 157. My goals are to 1. not weight my self this month (harder than I thought) 2. work out 6 days a week 3. fit into my old size 9 jeans by the end of the month (really hoping tha I can do this!!!)
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself on February 1st and then put the scale in the linen closet AND took out the batteries.
    That should do it.
    I've only done this because I'm an obsessive scale junkie and need to focus on other measures of success.
    Those numbers have ruined many an attempt at weight loss if I don't see what I want to see.

Once a month weigh-ins for me from now on.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hey! Didn't know you had started a thread on this already. I started one also. Maybe we should combined the two. Let me know what you think. If its a go I will point the ladies over to this one.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Oh and I didn't have the ladies weigh themselves. I was basically trying to work on detaching ourselves from the scale. People weigh themselves day in and day out. We shouldn't be slaves to it yanno.
  • rmkorama
    Options
    Hello to everyone!

Day 3, and the scale is still in the bathroom, and I still haven't stepped on it. Heh. I really have to remember to move it tonight, so at least it's out of sight.

Welcome to the new people!

Desirai, if you want to have us all do this together, that's a-okay with me. I basically told everyone they could submit a February start weight if they wished to, but that's not at all required. This is just a place for us to talk about our other goals and woes and anything else.

Right now, my "anything else" is that I'm completely unmotivated to do anything today. I got myself to work, so that's a win, right?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I would like to join if i may?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ok. I had to get on the scale today ONLY because i had a doctors appt for my yearly female physical so i got on my scale to make sure i got an accurate number before I got on their scale. I did lose 3 lbs on both scales though!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!
  • rmkorama
    Options
    Wahoo for weight loss, dbanks! That's great news, and completely understandable. :)

This is a little bit embarrasing to admit, but I'm afraid I did consider weighing myself this morning and just not telling anyway. How crazy is that?! The moment that thought occurred to me, I started thinking about having to do a 12-step program for people obsessed with scales. This is like Weight Watchers Anonymous.

Anyhow, that being said, as noted by Desirai, there's ANOTHER scale challenge just like this one, going on at this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165834-death-to-the-scale-challenge

If you haven't ventured into that thread already, I think we need to join forces, so go on over there and introduce yourselves. :bigsmile: