Weight loss question

Options
I have been logging my food and exercise since Jan 1st and have stayed under my calorie goal by around 100 calories per day, why would I not be able to lose any weight? I didn't even lose a half pound in the entire month. I burn around 400-500 calories a day with my exercise, should I not be eating extra calories to accomadate the exercises if I want to lose weight? My goal is to lose 10 pounds as that is what my Dr. recommends for my weight to be.

Replies

• TeeTee11
    Options
    what was your daily calorie goal and cw, height?
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you start a new program, it can take your body 4-6 weeks to show any loss. I know it sucks. I'm losing very very slowly, myself. Hang in there. Your body will reflect your work. It just takes time!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You are right to eat back your exercise calories. You should always have a net of atleast 1200 calories. Run a nutrition report for the last 7 days and see where it says your net calories are. Are you consuming a lot of high sodium foods? If so that could be a reason. I lowered my sodium and it seems like the weight is coming off easier now.
  • sunbeam11
    Options
    Oh, that is frustrating. :( Age/slow metabolism maybe? Maybe too many carbs/not enough protein? I would try not eating the exercise calories and see if that helps. Also, if you're doing just cardio, add in some weight training too.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Tee Tee I see you live in Chesapeake. I live in Virginia Beach. 757 represent lol.
  • leticia83
    Options
    This is happening to me too, we just have to keep strong!:happy:

3663829.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • TeeTee11
    Options
    Tee Tee I see you live in Chesapeake. I live in Virginia Beach. 757 represent lol.

yea girl I live here for the moment. Can't wait to get up outta here tho!
  • tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Those last ten pounds are always the hardest! Definitely stick with it!! As far as eating your exercise calories that is a heated debate on MPF....If you are using the MPF exercise estimation of calories burned through exercise they may be over estimating. You may want to try eating just half the calories and see if that helps (if you don't like the idea of not eating your exercise calories this is an option). Good luck & stick with it!! YOU can do it!!!:happy: