Need some good Chinese/Thai/Asian recipes!

Options
I have a ridiculously unhealthy obsession with Chinese foods, I could seriously eat it every day! I need some healthier alternatives/recipes than take out. I don't eat fish and mainly just eat chicken dishes.

Replies

• monica2383
    monica2383 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has some good ones!!I I made Fried Rice, Egg Rolls and Crab Wontons Friday night and they all turned out pretty good!!!! You can find the recipes I used on this recipes board or you can go to the Hungry Girl website!
  • rosita76
    Options
    look at Skinny Gina's website. She is awesome and has some great asian inspired recipes! I have made a couple at home and my whole family loves it!!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My favorite dish of all time:

Pork (chicken) Adobo

Chicken or Pork
    1 cup White Vinegar
    1 cup Soy Sauce (can use light soy)
    1 to 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
    1 clove garlic
    1 Onion

Very easy! Cut chicken or pork (I prefer pork) into bite sized pieces, also cut onion in small pieces and mince garlic. Throw all ingredients in a pot and boil until meat is cooked all the way through. Serve with steamed white or brown rice.

Im not quite sure the calories for this dish. I cant imagine it would be a lot, the calories are from the sugar, meat and rice, but in moderation it's not so bad.

HOWEVER

Soy sauce is crazy high in sodium, but thats the trade off for asian foods!