Can't stop eating

Options
2»

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry for junk food, I eat it and don't worrie about it. This site is not a diet to me it is a way of life and sometimes you have to have some fun food and not worrie about eating it. The cravings will go away once you enjoy the food you are craving. I find that I crave junk food 2 weeks before TOM is going to arrive and I eat about 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day for a couple of days. After that I go drop down to 1200 calories for one day the next day it will be my normal 1500 calories, then 1200 and it cycles like that for a few days. So if we did the math it is probably braking even on the calories.
    Just enjoy the food, keep it in your mouth as long as you can and don't worrie about eating junk you dont want stress hormons to kick in and make you gain weight, and the desire for the junk is just temporary.
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I try to keep either some cooked vegetables around which I can really fill up on. Sometimes I cook an egg and add lots of vegetables or put some parmesean cheese on the vegetables; it is still low calorie. Or I keep a pot of vegetable soup, which you can add to, meat, cheese etc. Fill up on that, then have a little of the food you crave. If you deny yourself you might binge, but fill up on healthy food first, lots of vegetables, and then treat yourself to a little of your craving and you can still mange it.
  • sstrose
    Options
    Someone told me a while back before you want to eat much or losing control to quickly drink two eight ounce glasses of water because most of the time people eat when really the signal from your body is that your thirsty above all.....not sure if this is real but I know i try to drink fluids and then eat a meal and find I can't put much damage onto my hips
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water or two, and exercise.

It has been suggested to me to think of myself once I lose the weight talking to me now, and asking me if it is worth putting off getting to the place I want to get.

Finally, try sitting down at MFP and adding the food you would like to eat to your food diary and hit the complete button to see how much that you slow down you weight loss goal. You know the in 5 weeks you will weight XXX pounds if every day is like this one.