novatri
novatri Posts: 262 Member
Ingredients:

1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 Egg
1 Mozzarella slice, or any cheese you like
1 slice Turkey Bacon, or Canadian Bacon

Cooking Instructions:

Turn burner on low-medium heat. Grease (spray) a pan and let it warm up on the stove. If you have an egg mold grease that as well and let it warm up with the pan. Cut the muffin in half and put it in the toaster. When the toasters pops add the cheese and put the other half on top so it gets melty. Cut the turkey bacon in half and put it in the pan. When you think the pan is hot enough add the egg, scrambled or not. Flip the bacon when it starts to get foamy on top. The egg should look mostly cooked with a little uncooked on top, then you carefully flip the egg, over easy. When the bacon is done pat it with a napkin to absorb excess grease and cut it into smaller pieces to fit on the cheesy muffin. When the egg is cooked put it in the muffin and season as you like. Salt, pepper, paprika, whatever.

I'll try to take pictures of this and the flat bread pizza next time I make them.

Replies

• novatri
    Options
    297 Calories, Takes about 5-10 minutes to make.
  • LonnaRox
    LonnaRox Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yum. This is one of my fav breakfasts except I make mine with soy sausage. Also, I beat my egg and cook it in a metal 1 c measuring cup in a pan with a little water (makes a perfectly shaped egg to fit on that muffin!).
  • lisa12marti
    Options
    That sounds yummy. What is a good tasting turkey bacon? I bought some not too long ago and it just tasted salty, but no real flavor.
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thank you for posting this. I have been looking for breakfast ideas. I will surely use this.
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Try Jennie-O or Oscar Meyer. I prefer the Oscar meyer
  • novatri
    Options
    I use the cheapy Kroger brand. It taste good to me. Combined with the egg and muffin I still taste it, but not overpowering or anything.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy. What is a good tasting turkey bacon? I bought some not too long ago and it just tasted salty, but no real flavor.

If you have Aldi's nearby, they have their Turkey Bacon for $1.99. It's 25 calories per slice and tastes good. Even my DH who is a big meat eater likes it.