137lbs and counting - Before and After Pictures

Options
In recent days, I've really spent a lot of time checking out people's stories. I've been really profoundly impacted by the amazing before & after pictures. As I've never done this, I decided to dig into the "embarrassingly fat" picture file and make some side-by-sides. I offer these to the community not as a, "look what I've done, you can too," but rather as a reminder that lives change with slow dedication (and maybe just a bit of "I lost this weight without dieting.")

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter3.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

These "before" pictures were taken during the summer of 2005 at my heaviest, 335lbs. Please be sure to note the persistent sweatiness, red face, and general discomfort of being 335lbs in summer. The "after" pictures have been taken over the past few months. So far, I've lost 137lbs (40.9% of my total body weight) and dropped from 45.4 to 26.9 (shooting for <25). I hope these work. Please keep sharing your stories as they unendingly remind me that this work matters and saves lives. Namaste.

Replies

• cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!! way to go...
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!!!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You look great.....good job
  • loriefolk
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job! Congrats to you!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!!! so incredible!!!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Awesome job!! Thank you for sharing your success story!! Wishing you continued success!!
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    Great job!!!!

I'm also in the psych field!

Keep on leading by example!
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look so wonderful! Thank you also for the insightful words at the bottom of your post.. so true. Best of luck to you sir!
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of your success. congrats!!!!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up with the good work.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oh I love seeing the successes here as well.
    Thank you for sharing yours!
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    you look amazing congratulations!!!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great you are have done a good job!
  • misty1208
    Options
    Woah! You look awesome!!! :) great job, very motivational!
  • gn4gd
    gn4gd Posts: 6
    Options
    You look amazing, probably feel so much better and thank you for your service to our country. Stay safe and be well.
  • richars65
    richars65 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I feel like I should clarify that I'm not actually a service member, it's a borrowed uni for halloween. Good to know it was convincing, though =)

Remember this is a collective battle. It's only together that we get better.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    truly inspirational and Im so pleased you have placed value on your health. You look so much more healthier. Keep up the great work :)
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look fantastic. You're such an inspiration.
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    What a fanatic post. Congratulations on your success!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! I would have never guessed you were the same person in the before and afters. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!