Options
2»

Replies

• mtwd65
    mtwd65 Posts: 51
    Options
    It is ok to be heavy, it is not ok to be fat. The reasons:

ok to be heavy:-
    1. We are all born with different builds only 90% fit into the 'normal' weight for height range. There will be people who naturally are at the extreme bottom and top of the range.
    2. A person who works out extensively can weigh as much as a person who is carrying far too much fat due to overeating/ not exercising etc. One is at their healthy weight the other is not.

not ok to be fat:-
    1. from their own perspective they have less energy, they are putting more strain on their organs therefore they are more likely to suffer from various illnesses.
    2. from a community perspective, they are more likely to have illnesses, this means they are more likely to need medical care and cost the community by an increased need for a healthcare budget, lower economic output due to sick days being required etc.

People need to accept their natural shape but this doesn't mean that they should accept that they have to have a high body fat % to cover their frame. I will never be 6' tall, I've accepted that, I will never get rid of my scoliosis and resulting tilted pelvis but I can get rid of the excess fat and eat healthy to ensure my health for the future and reduce the strain on my spine and pelvis..