MFP Runner's Club - June 12

Options
2»

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Morning my muses!

Just got back from a 8-mile run. :noway: Was only gonna try for 7, but ya'll cheered me on for a extra mile, so smooches to you!! :smooched:

Now I just need my Advil Pez dispenser & I'm ready for the day! :drinker:

Look it is Ty and Fatsis and ME!! jealous.gif

Wow! 4 posts in a row, guess I should lay off the caffeine this afternoon!!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I am slowly working into running and I have a ?. What kind of stretching do U do b4 running?

Stretching? what is this thing you speak of?

Seriously, we have discussed this before and we all seem to be pretty pathetic when it comes to the stretching...I do the 5 minute warm up prior and 5 minute cooldown (using my HRM as a guide) and rarely do any stretching....don't follow our example though....

Actually.... I stretch after I'm done with my run. I started with my workout videos and love how it loosens me up and relaxes me. If I don't stretch well, my legs feel tight and stiff for several days. I don't stretch before because it's hard on your muscles and joints, but after (even after my cool-down walk), when everything is nice and warm I sit in my yard and stretch and pet the cats, and stretch some more. Then I'm ready to go on to the next thing.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning my muses!

Just got back from a 8-mile run. :noway: Was only gonna try for 7, but ya'll cheered me on for a extra mile, so smooches to you!! :smooched:

You're cracking me up today!! :laugh:

I just got off the phone with hubby & he thinks I did closer to 9 miles. :noway: I'm sore as he!! today though. :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Morning my muses!

You're cracking me up today!! :laugh:

I just got off the phone with hubby & he thinks I did closer to 9 miles. :noway: I'm sore as he!! today though. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Unbelievable! So what are you so worried about!! ?? Sign up for that race!! Wait, have three glasses of vino tonight and then sign up for the race...:drinker:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Since I am a newbie to this group and I have not even posted a picture, I thought I could let everyone know a little bit about me and you could see who you are talking to by checking out this link.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=8467842

My wife and I have adopted two boys from Russia. We found out about our first son from a local news story. The reporter who did that story did a follow up this week (eight years later) because my son just graduated from high school. The original story and the new one appear at the above link. I get to see your smiling faces everyday, this way you can see mine too. I might actually figure out how to post a picture some day.

I am taking today as a rest day.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Since I am a newbie to this group and I have not even posted a picture, I thought I could let everyone know a little bit about me and you could see who you are talking to by checking out this link.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=8467842

My wife and I have adopted two boys from Russia. We found out about our first son from a local news story. The reporter who did that story did a follow up this week (eight years later) because my son just graduated from high school. The original story and the new one appear at the above link. I get to see your smiling faces everyday, this way you can see mine too. I might actually figure out how to post a picture some day.

I am taking today as a rest day.

Wow. I just read your story online. What a great one! Congrats to your son! I just can't believe your story. It's heartwarming.:flowerforyou: