Bad salad dressings

Options
I know I am probably not the only one out there that pines for the taste of the real Ranch and Caesar salad dressings and finds that the lite versions do not taste the same.

So what I did about it was employed my Magic Bullet to take 1 or 2 tbs of the real dressings (full fat versions) and make them a
little skinnier by adding a dash of 1% milk, a squeeze of lemon juice and blending. If you are in a restaurant you could just fork whip it too but it might be lumpy.

Organic 1% milk is the best because it tastes much creamier than non-organic and the milk doesn't give the dressings that off taste that the light versions have. Saves on calories and the high amounts of sodium that they use in the lite versions.

One thing I hated about salad dressings is that they were too thick to do more than butter a leaf of lettuce or two on the top with my allotment of dressing and the rest of the salad was dry or I had to use more dressing adding up the calories. A more liquid dressing makes getting all the salad covered a snap.

Hope this is tip is helpful.

Replies

• KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    that is a fabulous tip!! :bigsmile: thanks so much for sharing!! i hate *most* light versions too, mainly of ranch and caesar, and i try just using a half serving but like you said, it usually isn't enough, no matter how much i mix it! :angry: i usually stick with italian, oil/vinegar, vinagrettes, etc., but every once in awhile i want a creamy, "tangy" caesar or ranch:love:
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of light Ranch dressings - mostly they do not taste good at all. Lately I have found the Bolthouse Farms yogurt ranch dressing - it is really good. 70 cals for 2 Tbsp. They have some other varieties too.