Do you have a have a tendency to gain or lose...?

Options
During your cycle ladies?! I know that mine should be starting soon and I'm a little terrified of what the scale may say! Also because of the fact that I'm losing blood, I wonder if i should up the calories for those days so I can stay as energized....anyone?

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I typically don't lose during this time, but I attribute it to fulfilling food cravings I get at the same time. :grumble:
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    I retain water like a sponge! This was my first TOM in my new lifestyle change and I weighed myself everyday ... just to see. I put on exactly 2 lbs ... but with in 2 days those 2 lbs were gone as well as 1 more!
    What helped me was drinking water! I managed to stay away from my normal chocolate gorge. There's plenty of things out there that you "think" you're getting alot, for few calories. 8 Andes mints ... 170 calories. 50 of the York peppermint patty pieces? 160 calories!
    Good luck!!!
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    Oh and to actually answer your question ... No, you shouldn't up your calories. That blood that you're "losing" is blood that had already been stored, so you aren't losing anything that you would need to replace!
    But you should up your protein just a bit, more lean meats ... That's what my ob/gyn ... told me anyway ... :flowerforyou:
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I generally put on 5--8 lbs in a matter of days :noway: thankfully it comes off just as quickly afterwards an if I've managed to stick to the diet a few extra leave along with it!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    A lot of women gain water weight during that time. Go ahead and weigh yourself. If it shows a gain, wait a few days until it's all over and weigh again. It's nothing to be super worried about. It's just normal stuff. :)
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks ladies! I too have cravings during this time, but I think that if i stick to what I am eating now, that I will end up losing more then I did before. I will go ahead and weigh myself on the 1st day and then weigh at the end and see the change. Thanks for ur help! Also, the tip about lean meats, I will definitely add that in! :)