30 day shred again...

staceyb_2003
staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone done this twice a day ?

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I've not because I always pair with some other type of cardio but I've heard people say they stack two levels together to get a longer workout.
  • staceyb_2003
    i'm thinking about maybe doing one in the morning and one in the evening when i can but will stick to at least one a day
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    i fidn a pretty great workout just doing the one workout each day (in the morning) and then in the evening I try to do something active with the kids - wii, or walk or park or ymca for a swim - i've been losing pretty steadily since i started this and have been eating better,
  • ZumbaTriad
    ZumbaTriad Posts: 61 Member
    There's a couple other good DVDs by Jillian. If you want a change, maybe try the Power Yoga or No More Trouble Spots for the second workout. I am personally using 30 Day Shred to supplement fitness classes, but didn't want to do it every day, so I picked up the other workouts on sale at Target! ;-)
  • No way! I couldn't hang doing it twice a day. I'm sore enough as it is after just the 20 mins!
  • staceyb_2003
    There's a couple other good DVDs by Jillian. If you want a change, maybe try the Power Yoga or No More Trouble Spots for the second workout. I am personally using 30 Day Shred to supplement fitness classes, but didn't want to do it every day, so I picked up the other workouts on sale at Target! ;-)

yer i do get bored with workouts and try to vary them somedays with the wii fit or ea active or just dance
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    If you have the time working out 2x in one day is great but I wouldn’t do 30 DS twice. It only burns 150 calories for me for the full 26 minutes so it’s more of a resistance training supplement to cardio workouts.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    If you have time and want more, definitely supplement with additional cardio. If you keep doing the same routine over and over you will get bored. Plus you'll be hitting the same muscles over and over, they need time to recover. Get a different DVD, go for a long brisk walk or a jog, swim, whatever you can do and will stick with. I have a variety of workouts I do so I can mix it up and do what I am in the mood for. I'm much more likely to keep up with it that way!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    I have done all 3 in one day!!! I'm a little crazy though. When I completed my 1st round I made that as my challenge 1 Saturday - it was towards the last 15 days of my shred. I skipped the 1st two cool downs and just did a longer cool down extended stretch at the end of the 3rd level! Mind you I did take about a 5 minute break between the levels. I am currently in my last 10 days of the shred and I complete level 2 or 3 alternating and then add in some cardio at least a 2 mile run/jog before or after.
This discussion has been closed.