It's the Daily Thread! What's up with you on this fine Tues

Options
Happy Tuesday, everyone! What's up with you today?

Here in Indy, we're bracing for round 2 of the ice/snow storm. I've got a gig tonight...but will be keeping a close eye on the weather. If the forecasts hold true, there's no way to travel tonight...or tomorrow for another one. :(

So, I'll catch up on some stuff around home and pray that our power stays on! What's up in your world?

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    The ice is almost to me here in Canton, TX. I expect to see it in least than an hour. It's not going to be a pretty sight here. Everyone be careful out on the roads today if you have to be on the roads.
  • SalsaFaye1983
    Options
    Hey Indy :)

Weather nothing like what you have in the UK, been cold here in Cornwall but sun is out. Hope you take care over there, lots of awful weather going around the world!

Nothing much on today, at work - one of my colleagues has a birthday so might be tempted to have cake....I shouldn't but hey, I have plenty of cals to use, lol! Might be going out to salsa class tonight so have to figure out a quick dinner tonight when I get home just after 5. I could do with the practice - be going to a weekender of classes in a few weeks - a Friday dance evening, 5 hours training on the Saturday, plus the evening do, then another 3 on the Sunday. I may not do all of it, depends if there are any classes I don't fancy....anyway that is looking to the future. Hope I drop some pounds beforehand! :D
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't you be bracing for the blizzard?! I know I have repacked my suitcase for Chicago this weekend. I tell l you the next repack I do will be for beach-wear. And I'll be heading to the islands! Be safe!
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    We are waiting for the storm here in Toronto. Luckily I am on mat leave so I don't even need to leave the house! I'm dealing with a sick baby - lots of coughing. Hoping that she will still nap well so I can get my exercises in. Happy February!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I almost hate to say....it is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL sunny day. High should reach about 80 today. :bigsmile:

I love winter in South Florida!! :glasses:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to warm sunny day says high of 76:smile: Today I go in for my wellness check with dr. Otherwise still wondering how I am going to spend my day off today.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4042605.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hollyyoung71
    hollyyoung71 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yep.. I am in Central Florida and we should have low to mid 70s here. Lucky girl I am.. gonna eat some breakfast and head to the gym and then its a day of cleaning house and making some jewelry for an arts and crafts show I am in. :drinker:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    We had LOADs of snow in december! Now it's just ******* cold! Brrr! :sad: I want Summer!!!!
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    Happy Tuesday brother/friend and i'll keep you in prayer......for me today I have a meeting quite a ways out and these meetings always bring with them tons of foods I can't eat. So i'm going to pack my own lunch, being a healthier me and gluten free I find that the foods I choose are so much better than trying to adjust. So pray for me please. I am wishing good things for us all today. NAMASTE!
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Here is Alabama, we are expecting thunderstorms. The temp is going to be good today and I really need to get out and run some errands. Suppose to be really cold by the end of the week. Everyone is looking forward to spring time me included!!
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Here in Washington the rain keeps pouring! I'd love some of that snow everyone keeps talking about. It's 5:30 am and time to start my day. On to day 3 of the "30 Day Shred"! Have a wonderful Tuesday!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We are waiting for round 2 here in Detroit also. So far I was disapointed by round 1 over night. We were in a 2-4 inch predicted snow band, we barely got an inch (if that). We're predicted for 12-18 inches starting tonight....we'll see how accurate that prediction is!.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    Just started snowing this morning at 8am. We'll see what the day brings!
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Here in VA we had "frizzle" last night and more rain/sleet/snow/frizzle expected for next 2 to 3 days. I am so glad I have retired from the Power Company. If was still working it would mean 12 hour shifts if power went out. I was on call 24/7/365 and once even had my vacation cancelled.

Plans are to go to lunch with my BFF Connie and then to gym tonight with my daughter.

Take care everyone and have a blessed day.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I made it to work but I'm leaving early to try to beat round 2. My husband decided NOW that we should get water and everything, so I have to do that on my way home. After that I'm going to try to get a workout in since I'm banking on losing power.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I made it to work but I'm leaving early to try to beat round 2. My husband decided NOW that we should get water and everything, so I have to do that on my way home. After that I'm going to try to get a workout in since I'm banking on losing power.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about all the bad weather you guys are having....probably shouldn't mention it, but today's forecast is sunny and a high of 75 here on the Florida west coast :P lol hheheheh
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    In theory, I wanted to wake up early and go to the gym before my husband had to leave for work, so he could take my 4WD since Round 1 is hitting us today.

In reality, I woke up before the alarm to the sound of plows, and thought, "Ain't gonna happen." I turned off the alarm. So I'll be staying home today. And likely tomorrow.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Cold front hit about 3:30am. Dropping to the 20's in Austin, TX later, near freezing now. I am off work today so I can re-wrap the plants ans pipes. Hard to believe I had to run the AC on Saturday and Sunday. LOL
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    more snow here in RI of course...daycare at the gym is closed...i have work to do so hopefully my punk boy will nap for me so i can get it all done and make some money!! oh, and ill be shoveling for my exercise. eff!!!! grrr!! :)