Getting "THERE"....where that is exactly I don't know!

kelzz193
kelzz193 Posts: 120 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So I was on the treadmill this morning doing my normal Tuesday ladder training. All proud of myself at the end of my 35 minutes that I had done 5 x's 1 min at 7.0 and even 2 x 30 seconds at 7.5...personal best for me, so wooohooo!

Then during cool down it dawned on me that someone in our running club runs at that 7.5 or better pace ALL THE FRICKIN' time for a MARATHON 26.2 miles not the 3.5 I just did on the treadmill........then I felt defeated, like I had so much further to go till I get "there".

Here's my question, what the hell is "THERE" anyway? I never imagined I would be training for a marathon let alone worrying about my pace for 26.2 consecutive miles.

I still remember the day I finished my first full mile on the treadmill, my time was 13:10 and I was damn proud of that. It took me almost 5 months to get to that point whilst carrying around a lot of extra weight ~ 75 pounds worth but I digress. I felt like I could conquer the world because I ran a mile!

Now here I am conquering new goals and smashing my own records. I guess the question I have is when will it all be good enough? When will I have gotten “there”?

Will it be when I complete my first full marathon in November? Or will it be on some back country road during training just enjoying the ride. What I finally realized this morning is that this is a journey, each step I take gets me closer to “there” wherever that may be. But the great part about this journey is I get to decide that, I’m writing my own story in this book of life. Along the way I need to take a deep breath and just enjoy the ride!!

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i agree 100%.... i have no idea where "there" is either but i guess we'll know when get get there :wink:
This discussion has been closed.