MARCH 1ST 10 POUND CHALLENGE *1st Week Weigh In*

Options

Replies

• breannk
    Options
    Down 2 pounds to 179 :) goal is 171 by March 1st! This is a great challenge. :)
  • MoM2LayLa09
    Options
    So i'm curious.... What is everyone doing to get 4+ pounds off a week? Cuz I really wanna know lol!

I am following my calorie range almost to a T (no more junk food, although I did have a piece of birthday cake and my weekly donut at church. No more greasy food.) - I worked out 5 days this past week Each workout at least 30min
    I have Netflix and put every workout video I could find on my instantque so I have also been doing a different video everyday! (Sometimes cardio sometimes yoga sometimes strength training)
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Challenge SW-224
    CW- 220

Down 4lbs!! WOO HOO!

To the person who asked what people are doing to lose 4+lbs. I eat under my calorie intake (1200/day) and never eat my exercise calories back. I understand doing it when you are healthier and closer to a healthy weight, but in my case it wouldn't work for me. I also work out 6 or 7 days. 3 of those are with a trainer.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    WOW! Everyone did AWESOME! We ROCK:) I'm so happy for all of you and proud that our efforts have paid off! Here's to another great week! XXX OOO
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Goodmorning everyone! Welcome to our first weigh in:) I hope you have accomplished all of the goals you set for yourself this week! Here goes! Good Luck!

Starting weight : 173
    Week 1 Weigh in: 169....4 Pounds lost!!!!

Great job! I'm starting to loose motivation, I've been on here since the July and then lost motivation and started back up in January. I have the same goal as you and I'm the same height! LOL My 21st Birthday is March 2nd and I really want to be able to go out in my "skinny" jeans that have been sitting in my closet since last year. Any helpful tips!?

HELPFUL TIPS:
    *Drink LOTS and LOTS of water.
    *Watch your sodium intake.
    *Eat protein with EVERY meal
    *Eat 5-6 Small meals a day
    *Get lots of veggies
    *Eat whole wheat/whole grain (stay away from refined, it causes your body to crave bad carbs and increases blood sugar)
    *Exercise every day or at least 6 days a week (Rest if your body needs, take it slower if you're just starting out))
    *Lift Weights
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

I am down 4 pounds.

I am hoping for 1 pound this week.

It is amazing that if you consume less than you burn, you lose weight. Brilliant! Those scientist really know what they are talking about. What I don't like is when you lose weight your burn less calories when exercising. My Pilates calorie burn when from 178 down to 149 for 60 minutes. I guess that is why it is so hard to burn those last 10 pounds. You get so skinny that you don't burn any calories. Does My Fitness Pal adjust calorie intake like it does calories burned when you lose weight?
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    SW: 329.6
    CW: 326.4 :D
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    Starting weight: 140 lbs
    Current weight: ~136 lbs
    Longest run without stopping: 16 minutes (this is a huge deal for me! :D)

I think most of this is water weight, since it fluctuates daily.
  • kerryannk
    Options
    im taking this challenge ON! new to MLP!

weekly goals are to:

increase focus during workouts!
    keep drinking tons of water!
    eat healthy when out with the boyfriend!

SW 148.7
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    SW: 158
    WK1: 153 ---- 5LBS! I'M VERY HAPPY WITH WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED THIS WEEK!

Great Job!!!
  • emilillymom
    Options
    can i join this challenge? i need all the motivation to get these last 30 pounds off before may
  • jeni719
    jeni719 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Challenge SW: 275
    Feb 1st: 269

6 lb loss!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Challenge SW: 275
    Feb 1st: 269

6 lb loss!

Great job!!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

It is amazing that if you consume less than you burn, you lose weight. Brilliant! Those scientist really know what they are talking about.

Love it!!! It's really a simple formula, isn't it?
  • brownies_60
    brownies_60 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Challenge SW: 168
    CW: 166
    :happy:
  • kezereth
    Options
    SW : 219

TUE 2/2/11 - 217

2 pounds loss. Better than nothing!
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    SW 152
    CW 151

Didn't do too hot with my mini goal last week. Drank two beers and two glasses of wine each night after skiing... :( and had ice cream.

Will try harder this week.
  • jenikkinicole
    Options
    I just joined MFP, but I'd like to join your challenge. It coincides perfectly with my goals to get in a bikini by May 1st, lol.

So here we go.

Last weeks SW = 165 lbs
    CW = 160 lbs.

5 lbs lost so far :) Half way there!
  • Empress17
    Options
    sw 208
    cw 207
    down 1 lb
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Everyone did awesome! :smile: