ChaLEAN Extreme vs P90X: Help!!!

Nica_LosN_It
Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am torn between these two workouts. I have seen such great results from both of them, but I need help choosing which one would be the better choice for me at this moment. I will be buying both of them, but I am going to buy the one that can give me maximum result within the next 3-6 months. Here is a little background on what I am currently able to do. First of all I am 5'11" tall and I weigh 342.6 lbs. Yea, I know that its alot, but I can do more than you probably are imagining (lol). I am currently doing a walk/Jog (walking 1.5 mins/jogging 1 minute) seesion for 20 minutes on my treadmill. I also do this thing that I call ball dance for approximately 15-20 minutes (It really gets my heart rate to *my* max), I do upper body (weights 5 and 10lbs), lower body(squats, lunges, scissors, etc.), and an ab routine. I do all of this at least 5 days a week. I am giving you this info so that It could *possibly* help with your opinion/decision.

Please Help!!!!!

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Adding muscle would be very beneficial so my vote is P90X.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    My vote is Chalean. It's upbeat and fun (or so i've heard). I think it would be a great starting point & a great program to work yourself up to the intensity of p90x.
  • I would go with ChaLEAN Extreme, it has a little bit of band resistance training but is a lot more cardio heavy. It's pretty much what you're already doing but in a more advanced way.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    I love Chalene Johnson, so I vote ChaLean Extreme, and if you are really going to buy both, do the that one first and build up to P90X.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Chalean's workouts are shorter. There are no pull ups/chin ups & way less push ups. It will work 2 or more muscles groups at once (say...squat with overhead press, lunge w/a tri kickback...). More of a 'fun feel'.

P90x has pull-ups/push-ups galore & about 15-20 min longer workouts. The nutrition guide is better. You work 1 muscle group at a time. With Plyo X, you need to be able to jump off the ground. More of a 'harcore/serious feel'....although Tony is very goofy.

Both are great, just different. I also think CLX is a 5 day/week program & X is 6. I personally enjoyed the X much more. But my DH actually really like Chalean.
This discussion has been closed.