Protein

Options
Everyday I'm under in calories and fat but over in protein, is this bad?

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    No, protien is good for ya. I got 140g yesterday in fact, altho I am an athlete. but its good! no worries

I swear this question gets asked like 50 times a day xD
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    aS LONG AS YOU ARE EATING HEALTHY LEAN PROTEIN, Then by all means, it won't hurt at all.

You need to be concerned if you are getting over 140 g and if it consists of fatty meats. I get around 120 g every day, and it all comes from lean turkey, chicken and fish.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i find that the default ratio for MFP protein/carb/fat is NOT what i prefer. i go in and reset my percentages so that i get about 30% protein. i think the default is about 15%.
  • cbaumez
    Options
    How do you reset your percentages?
  • jadee76
    Options
    Protein from beans are the best!!
  • exp_lauren
    exp_lauren Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's okay to go over the default target for protein; it can be a good thing! Personally, I have adjusted my target to 25% of my calories from protein. With meat proteins, I like to keep an eye on my saturated fat intake. All that said, if you're thinking of going *really* overboard on anything, it is worth a question to a professional. Here's one article about how too much protein can be harmful:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50900
  • exp_lauren
    exp_lauren Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    To reset your targets, click the "my home" tab and then "goals".
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Protein from beans are the best!!

Not quite, Although beans are good for you the protein in beans is an incomplete protein as it is missing some amino acids. Meat is a complete protein and soy is the closest none meat in its completeness.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    aS LONG AS YOU ARE EATING HEALTHY LEAN PROTEIN, Then by all means, it won't hurt at all.

You need to be concerned if you are getting over 140 g and if it consists of fatty meats. I get around 120 g every day, and it all comes from lean turkey, chicken and fish.

Nope mine comes from whey and fish. haveto have a lot to build for my sport