My Name is Lindsay and I'm a Food Addict - Day 4

Options
so yesterday went ok... we had a big party day at work, so it was basically a big food fest. breakfast bagel for breakfast, a blueberry bran muffin, 4 pieces of pizza and a donut. by about 3:00pm i had the worst heartburn of my life. i didn't "binge" per se, but i defnitely could have stopped after the 3rd slice of pizza, and done without the donut...

when i got home, my tummy was tumbling so i had peanut butter on crackers, and a glass of milk... felt a little better, and for dinner i had one of those frozen chicken pot pies and a salad. my tummy was still not happy, but at least there was something green in there lol.

i had another fight with myself yesterday. it was weird. i was feeling sick, and it was all i good do to stop myself from going to get some crap junky fast food. i wouldn't have been able to eat it, or if i did i'd be on the toilet for the rest of the night. but in the end i did convince myself not to binge, and had a normal dinner instead.

when i woke up this morning, i felt tired... oh god so tired. i have zero energy, and i'm sure it's because of my irregular eating habits (and the fact that rolling 286 pounds out of bed in the morning takes so much out of me...).

nothing really planned for today.. i had a homemade breakfast bagel for breakfast, and it was yummy, and not bad for me, so we're off to a good start. i packed lots of fruit, some fiber cookies and a yogurt for snack today and have wonton soup and salad for lunch. i'm actually looking forward to not having anything greasy in my stomach, and i think my tummy will thank me. for dinner i am thinking baked bbq chicken, basmati rice and steamed broccoli... nothing spicy tonight lol.

one thing i am thinking of doing, especially for the summer is to come up with some no-cook or little-cook dinners for when i get home. i hate cooking when it's hot, and i think having some fast alternatives will keep my from doing take out. my mom suggested pasta salad with lots of veggies, and chicken wraps with veggies. so you might see that i'm eating alot of that type of thing lately. in the winter i am a soup and stew girl, especially with the rainy climate here (pacific northwest), but in the summer, bring on the fruit and salad!

here's to today :)

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so yesterday went ok... we had a big party day at work, so it was basically a big food fest. breakfast bagel for breakfast, a blueberry bran muffin, 4 pieces of pizza and a donut. by about 3:00pm i had the worst heartburn of my life. i didn't "binge" per se, but i defnitely could have stopped after the 3rd slice of pizza, and done without the donut...

when i got home, my tummy was tumbling so i had peanut butter on crackers, and a glass of milk... felt a little better, and for dinner i had one of those frozen chicken pot pies and a salad. my tummy was still not happy, but at least there was something green in there lol.

i had another fight with myself yesterday. it was weird. i was feeling sick, and it was all i good do to stop myself from going to get some crap junky fast food. i wouldn't have been able to eat it, or if i did i'd be on the toilet for the rest of the night. but in the end i did convince myself not to binge, and had a normal dinner instead.

when i woke up this morning, i felt tired... oh god so tired. i have zero energy, and i'm sure it's because of my irregular eating habits (and the fact that rolling 286 pounds out of bed in the morning takes so much out of me...).

nothing really planned for today.. i had a homemade breakfast bagel for breakfast, and it was yummy, and not bad for me, so we're off to a good start. i packed lots of fruit, some fiber cookies and a yogurt for snack today and have wonton soup and salad for lunch. i'm actually looking forward to not having anything greasy in my stomach, and i think my tummy will thank me. for dinner i am thinking baked bbq chicken, basmati rice and steamed broccoli... nothing spicy tonight lol.

one thing i am thinking of doing, especially for the summer is to come up with some no-cook or little-cook dinners for when i get home. i hate cooking when it's hot, and i think having some fast alternatives will keep my from doing take out. my mom suggested pasta salad with lots of veggies, and chicken wraps with veggies. so you might see that i'm eating alot of that type of thing lately. in the winter i am a soup and stew girl, especially with the rainy climate here (pacific northwest), but in the summer, bring on the fruit and salad!

here's to today :)
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    well the day is going really well so far, and i feel alot better than i did yesterday... just trying to make it through till tomorrow without the binge monster rearing its head!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    hey just wanted to say making the pasta salad is a great idea--i do it every couple of weeks for lunches for the week

i use 1 box whole wheat pasta
    and tons of veggies and olives and pickles some cheese and a low fat oil based dressing each time i use a different flavor like parmesaen vinergrete or garlic and basil

1 make a big batch and i eat it all week

yummy i think i need a batch tonight
  • mcontrerasj
    Options
    Hey...

I love food too! Just now I had three slices of brown bread with lots of nuts and raisins, and some guava marmelade... My excuse to it is that I'm a teacher and I need lots of energy to deal with my First Graders every single day. I try to eat carbs in the morning, protein and carbs for lunch and a light dinner.

Lately, that hasn't been possible. I seek food for comfort and I overdo it sometimes (or most of the times.) Just try to keep your portions small and try to eat four to five times a day...

If I find a way to stop loving food, I'll let you know
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I love summer time eating for myself.... I eat really light stuff... nothing but veggies and cold salads. I do the best in the hot weather because I don't want those heavy foods let alone the heat from cooking going on. I grow my own garden too, I'm lucky because my landlord will let me do that in my own lil spot. And she doesn't say a word about me adding a foot or so to it each year :laugh: So once the garden starts producing you can usually find me sitting out there munching my meals :laugh: Kind of like grazing but in a good way :blushing: